Senior Manager, Retail Risk Analytics, Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 64383
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job:
The Senior Manager, Retail Risk Analytics, is responsible for the analysis of key drivers of Provisions for Credit Losses and Allowances supported by data risk analytics to ensure accuracy and reliability of loan loss forecast. He/she will be a key contributor to assess monthly provisions adequacy for Senior Management in coordination with other members of the team. Key Job Accountabilities:
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies:
- Develop comprehensive in-depth analysis of portfolio quality to identify loss drivers and establish adequate allowances. Maintain, as well as research, design, and implement enhancements to existing provision models.
- Working closely with key partners as Risk Model Analytics (RMA) and Enterprise Stress Testing (EST) to gain a comprehensive in-depth analysis of portfolio quality and key loss drivers to changes in allowances. Support enhancements to existing provision models.
- Develop migration and vintage analysis to assess historical performance and identify trends across bookings of different time periods. Incorporate observed trends into provision analysis and the relationship between portfolio quality, recovery forecasting, bankruptcies and losses.
- Assess alternative scenarios to determine potential PCL impact. Develop sensitivity analysis to identify major drivers of PCL with regard to quality, growth, portfolio mix, macroeconomic factors, and product specific performance.
Education and Other Requirements:
- Expert understanding of risk analytics, strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of SAS/R
- Experience in provisions, credit risk management and/or finance
- Knowledge of various database software (e.g Tableau/Python)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of commitment and initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with multiple and often conflicting priorities
- Integrity, high attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy are critical to ensure quality outputs.
- An undergraduate degree in a related subject (ie Computer Science/Statistics or any other Quantitative subject).
- A professional designation would be considered an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Data Analyst, Risk Management, Developer, Analytics, Data, Finance, Technology, Retail, Management