Senior Manager, Testing/QA
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- CDI, Plein-temps
- TD Bank Group
- 19 avr. 19
Senior Manager, Testing/QA
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Testing and Quality Engineering (QE) covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD's definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn't changed - experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our testing activities may focus on system integration, business acceptance, performance, operability and deployment verification. Quality Engineering activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many QE Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
There's room to grow in all of this.
About This Role
We need someone to lead a team of testing and QA professionals in providing a broad range of test services and solutions, ensuring standards are met and objectives are achieved.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Oversee team in delivery of test planning, preparation and execution activities.
- Accountable for all project/release testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Ensure effective planning and support coordination with partners (e.g. business, CIO group, Infrastructure).
- Oversee creation of testing strategies, plans and project documentation using risk analysis methodologies and tools that align with a project's development approach.
- Manage documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g. strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria, gating), ensure artifacts adhere to standards and audit requirements.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing.
- Participate in test case creation, execution to meet timelines, manage/support team in creating reusable test assets for manual/automated test scripts.
- Oversee or chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, testing. report on test planning, execution, defects using metrics.
- Develop, manage operational processes. ensure QA processes tie into technology delivery practices, standards.
- Manage intake/demand/schedule, perform risk assessments, communicate/negotiate timelines, budget, staffing, scope, milestones.
- Manage business relationships to build knowledge of their business, applications and corresponding IT applications.
- Counsel IT and business partners, raise awareness.
- Accountable for team's adherence to processes, timely issue notification, escalated risks and issue reviews, contingency plan development, risk resolution, facilitates overall escalation process,
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Implement and ensure team adherence to quality, operational, and service management processes.
- Provide cost/resource estimates and revisions, track financials, provide forecasts.
- Develop, manage departmental plan & budget to ensure funds are used appropriately, comply with budget targets and vendor terms and conditions.
- Manage intake and demand, coordinate resources. identify resources across work streams, ensure maximum resource effectiveness.
- Participate in test artifact audit reviews.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management, team leadership, input into performance and development plans.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years relevant experience in leading QA/QE teams across the GTA, Atlantic and India
- 5+ years working experience with User Interface/Webservice/API Test Automation and associated tools (Selenium, SOAtest or SOAPUI)
- 5+ years working experience with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Testing (CT) frameworks and associated tools (Jenkins, GitHub, BitBucket, Maven)
- 5+ years working experience with Test Data Management and associated tools; knowledge of CA Test Data Management (TDM) Tool an asset
- 3+ years working knowledge with Security, Vulnerability Profiling/Testing and associated tools (Sonatype, SonarCube, Veracode, AppScan)
- 3+ years working knowledge with Performance Profiling/Testing and associated tools (Loadtest, JMeter, dynatrace)
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD's business and technology direction; assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered.
- Experience in leading multiple, broad and highly complex teams and/or projects which are diverse in scope (e.g., full line of business, tier 1-4 projects).
- Strength in setting strategy and direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business heads to establish and execute on common goals .
- Readiness to direct/manage activities spanning across multiple product lines/businesses, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Sound understanding of strategic direction and can champion alliances to benefit TD.
- Ability to direct the development of resolutions, plans and strategies for operational advancement.
- Key contact / representative internally and externally .
- Expert knowledge in project financial management and reporting.
- Sound knowledge of external industry trends in relation to competency.
- Advanced knowledge of business and/or delivery practices/disciplines.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and IT processes appropriate to quality delivery development and stewardship.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.