Senior Technical Analyst
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Technical Analyst will support the implementation of the T&O Portfolio Management Office Reporting Strategy. The analyst's primary responsibility will be creating an internal data warehouse for reporting needs. - create, schedule and monitor jobs to load data from various data sources. The analyst will also create and maintain data collection templates -SharePoint lists to gather data for reporting need. The analyst will own the creation of optimum solutions for various reporting and dashboard-ing needs across T&O. She/he will help execute processes to maintain the team's delivery mandates. The role includes developing optimized automated ETL jobs, reporting processes and analytical tools, and evolving the PMO services to deliver meaningful content to stakeholders (to enable intelligent decision making) with continuous improvement and by simplifying things that are complicated What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Build internal data warehouse in Microsoft SQL Server for reporting need - create, schedule and monitor ETL jobs using tools such as DataIKU to load data from various data sources like flat files, excel files, SharePoint lists, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Build efficient end to end solutions for BI tools and dashboards (ETL and dashboard interface)
- Be the primary point of contact for all database related activities
- Help drive / pilot new technologies and develop efficient technical solutions for processes and outputs (e.g. automated data extraction solutions, mobile delivery)
- Implement optimized solutions for new reporting requirements. This includes receiving data and reporting needs from clients and act as project coordinator and business analyst to develop an efficient and optimized solution, while ensuring requirements, best practices, PMO Reporting Strategy, governance framework guidelines are met.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of scripts, automation solutions, data and reports.
- Support the management of day to day operations of Tableau site including user administration, workbook review & promotion, issue resolution, and client relationship management
- 4+ years' experience implementing report automation solutions (e.g. using MS Access)
- Self-directed and independent; able to drive results instinctively, seeking out new approaches - does not need to be managed day to day to achieve results with ability to work in fast paced environment
- 10+ years of data analysis or technical analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field (computer science, engineering, math preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence environment with Tableau or BI tool like PowerBI, SSRS
- 5+ years hands on SQL experience (Advanced level skill with T-SQL required)
What's in it for you?
- 2+ year of experience in SharePoint Administration - creating sites, sub-sites, lists to collect data
- Documenting Data Dictionary changes
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Windows scripting to automate tasks
Our team is in an exciting phase of evolution when we have been given an expanding mandate. We have the opportunity to be creative and demonstrate our reporting and data analysis skills to meet the reporting needs of T&O. The team will thrive on the challenges and expectation to deliver on the strategy. You will enhance the skills of a collaborative team. You will have the opportunity to share your experience to help the team implement its mandate.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
TEC http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
199638 Ad Code(s):