Senior Technical Specialist
At BMO, we're transforming the way we do business and your development expertise will help ensure our success. We're looking for a technical leader to establish an internal ecosystem that will shift the way we work and foster a nimble environment. As a Senior Technical Specialist, you will:
- Champion new approaches and help transform our technological capabilities
- Lead development teams to create a culture of collaboration and innovation
- Analyze business requirements, and develop and test code
- Collaborate with the business team to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience
- Continue to build your knowledge of new technology developments that support our business strategies, including automation
- It's an exciting time to join BMO as we move from being a traditional bank to an agile organization that offers an ever-improving customer experience. Your expertise will be central to helping us transition our infrastructure and legacy systems.
- Keeping us abreast of the creative opportunities offered by new technologies and competitive trends, you'll have the chance to work across multiple platforms and to manage relationships with clients and colleagues in different departments.
- This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who can hit the ground running and wants to keep learning, innovating and growing.
Qualifications Qualifications Your Senior Technical Specialist credentials will include:
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Decomposes business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization, if required
- Leads / conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring and coaching employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
We're here to help
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 10+ years' experience in the IT industry
- Strong experience in application development and support
- Proven ability to lead and motivate strong cross-functional teams to design and implement innovative, enterprise software products covering analysis, design, development, implementation and support responsibilities
- Prior experience with implementation of Cloud solutions
- Understanding of Sales Compensation or Commission Accounting systems and interfaces
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining commissions systems (i.e. IBM ICM, Xactly Incent, CallidusCloud)
- In-depth knowledge of finance, HR and commission systems, operations and processes
- Experience of working in a complex technical landscape with multiple integration points, data feeds and applications, preferably in the Finance industry
- Possesses advanced knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks, methodologies and tools and practical experience of creation of solution architecture
- Possess strong practical experience of creation of technical design, data migration strategy and development
- Expert understanding of enterprise software development methodologies, such as SDLC and CMMI, best practices, and documentation standards
- Demonstrates initiative, self-confidence; is innovative and self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of industry trends for banks and/ or wealth management firms
- High levels of self-motivation and an ability to think creatively and pragmatically
- A focus on delivering results with benefits to the customer
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) using waterfall, iterative, Agile/Scrum and lean development
- Experience with some of the IT standards and frameworks (ISO, CMMI, PMP, Lean Six Sigma, TOGAF, RUP)
- Strong Technical skills in Microsoft technologies including .net and SQL
- Hands on experience with systems integration and ETL
- Knowledge of API Security Best Practices
- Architecture constructs (architecture/design patterns, SOAP, REST, Authentication, SSO etc.).
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.