Senior Technical Specialist - (Application Development & Design/ Python / Ab-initio / Openshift Containers / Writing & Documentation)
• Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders
• Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Analyze existing application's ecosystem and update technical documentation.
• Analyses technical problems for senior management, development teams, support teams, and business partners to identify the technical approach and solution options for the given problem; this includes collaborating with project/work teams to resolve technical road-blocks.
• Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current state needs are known.
• Reviews tactical and strategic plans and assesses the feasibility and technical risk of incorporating a given architecture or solution into the internal technology environment and communicates the findings to senior management to assist with decision-making regarding the applicability of the plans to Enterprise/LOB strategies
• Reviews hardware/software design documents for existing/new business/technical initiatives (e.g., High Level Requirements Document [HLRD] and High Level System Design Document [HLSD]) to ensure quality, completeness, and adherence to Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) documentation standards, as well as determines the impact of the implied changes to the design framework and identifies synergies between project initiatives to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the technology
• Partners with the project Business Analyst (BA) and collaborates with other organizations (e.g., Infrastructure, Audit, and Information Security) to define and document the system non-functional requirements (e.g., Service Level Agreement [SLA] monitoring, audit controls, reporting, and security)
• Networks with vendors and peers in external IT organizations, through user groups, in order to remain current with emerging technologies and to influence the strategic development of technology to satisfy the Enterprise's needs
• Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
• Participates in the creation of use cases and user expected results to ensure that software is delivered to end users with zero Severity 1 or Severity 2 defects.
• Ensures system specifications meet the business unit expectations/ requirements and negotiate solutions.
• Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
• Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements Qualifications Core Knowledge:
• 7-10 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems
• Strong experience in application development and support
• Experience in writing and maintaining Ab-Initio components, python code and Openshift containers.
• Hands on experience with systems integration.
• In depth knowledge of solution architecture and design, preferably in a financial services industry
• In-depth knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks, methodologies and tools.
• Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Possesses the ability to create/contribute to tactical and strategic vision.
• Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition techniques
• Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the 'Feasibility,' 'Requirements," and 'Analysis' phases.
• Demonstrates writing and documentation skills. LOCATION:
120 Bloor St. E (Bloor & Church area) We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.