Senior Technical Systems Analyst
What is the opportunity?
You would partner with IT and Business Stakeholders as part of a team to assess and analyze Document Management and Workflow Business Problems, leveraging RBC enterprise standard products to recommend and develop customized software solutions. Technology and Operations (T&O) plays a critical role in the day to day activities that align with RBC's business strategies, outcomes and objectives to ensure continued focus on enabling leading advice and service for RBC clients that is backed by technological and operational excellence. We offer career-defining opportunities to build upon your proven technical expertise, critical thinking and interpersonal skills. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Lead or inform technical solutions to meet business needs, maximizing component reusability, data sharing and security
- Lead development teams through technical design phases, identifying, tracking and resolving issues
- Prepare detailed technical specifications, programs and unit test plans
- Plan high-level project phases to meet objectives within budget and on time .Estimate work sizing required to perform design, coding and unit testing
- Develop and/or lead the project development of technical solutions, including code reviews
- Lead the writing and automation of unit test plans, optimization of system performance and provide on-call support
- Complete technical documentation and training material. Coordinate implementation, planning and execution from preproduction through to production stages
- Provide appropriate combination of direction, expertise, feedback and coaching to collaborate with team members and increase capability of not only individual team members, but of the team as a whole
- 2-4 years' experience in application development using one or more of following: PEGA, Kofax, IBM Content Manager
- Demonstrated experience with Java/J2EE/HTML development
- Awareness of multiple platforms and middleware technologies (E.g. MVS, Internet, Client/Server; MQ Series / Websphere, WXF, XML, .NET)
- Experience with various project methodologies, including iterative waterfall and agile. IT Standards, Methodologies, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management Framework (PMF)
- Familiarity with Business Process Management (BPM), Document Management or Workflow systems Capability to manage multiple priorities across a number of assignments and prioritize effectively
What's in it for you?
- Direct experience with Exposure to RBC Change Management processes and tools (E.g. HP Service Manager, ALM, Rally)
- Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth Management businesses and products
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
The opportunity to work on projects that have genuine, measurable impact: automating manual processes, re-engineering workflows and making financial analysis and reporting faster and more reliable.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
209940 Ad Code(s):