Senior Technology Officer Quality Assurance
The QA Manager of Wealth Management Technology is accountable for managing both local and off-shore QA resources that work with the Manager as well as other development teams to provide Quality Assurance Technology services to the Bank. The QA Manager is expected to be strong technically with extensive testing (including automation) experience/background with strong methodology around agility and transparency. This individual will need to have strong relationship management and stakeholder management skills in addition to people leadership. Key Accountabilities
- Manage key executive and other senior-level relationships in the stakeholder group being supported through strong relationship-building, effective communication, and being able to clearly explain and justify decisions and actions taken by the QA team
- Help implement automation and other testing strategies across the team
- Assess the risks associated with the development aspects of each solution / project and define approach for manual versus automation testing and institute change within the team. Determine component and stub testing framework and approach.
- Effectively manage a team of around 50 resources including on-shore full-time resources and off-shore resources and establish efficiencies within the team
- Plan testing and resources to ensure adequate automated test coverage for all applications in each release
- Be an active, engaged partner in collaborating with our development teams, architects and project managers
- Remove roadblocks for the team and escalate critical or blocking issues when necessary and drive them to closure
- Accountable for the successful delivery (time and budget) of all projects the test team is engaged in
- Communicate complex technical solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Hands-on experience working with different testing automation tools, e.g. UFT, Selenium, would be an asset
- Understanding of component, stub and overall testing methodologies and tools
- Strong exposure to the Wealth Management, Investments and Stock Market Trading would be a definite asset
- Proficient in multiple operating systems: Linux, Windows
- Proficient in multiple database technologies and concepts: Oracle, SQL Server, overall knowledge of relational database structures
- Familiar with continuous integration tools, e.g., Atlassian Suite
- Familiar with source control systems, e.g., TFS, Clearcase, GIT
- Ability to identify the right testing approach for the SDLC based on project characteristics, e.g. agile, iterative, waterfall
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies and/or 10+ years experience in state-of-the-art financial application development with expert business knowledge.
- 5+ years of experience as a Testing professional and at least 2 years in a management/Sr. Lead role
- Direct QA experience aligned to the Finance sector would be a requirement
- Automation testing experience
Qualifications We're here to help
- Strong relationship management and effective communication and influencing skills
- Strong leadership and motivation skills
- Proven record in cultural change management
- Ability to translate technical terms based on different audiences, e.g. executives, managers, working teams
- Ability to communicate in a candid and business appropriate fashion
- Experience building automation teams and automation CoE's
- Experience with Code Coverage tools to measure automation effectiveness would be an asset
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team of QA testers
- Strong research, problem solving, and troubleshooting ability
- Strong SDLC background
- In depth expertise of IT development and implementations
- Advanced working experience in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.