Software Architect, Scarborough and the Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 64784
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As the Solution Architect, you will be responsible for detailed technical specifications for a number of new technologies on programs of high complexity for all platforms supported by CCAU Digital Banking. In addition, you will design solutions, improve processes, create estimates, work on roadmaps and communicate and work with other solution architects and teams across the bank.
You will need to apply your deep technical knowledge in order to architect and deploy centrally or locally managed technology and solutions. You will be mapping common business problems to reusable end-to-end solutions.
#IN-TECH Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You will be providing technical architectural designs solutions/reviews for CCAU Engineering projects/initiatives
- You will be partnering with key stakeholders such as Enterprise Information Systems, Digital Factory, Information & Security Advisory, etc. to ensure proposed solutions align to business requirements, as well as appropriate Scotiabank technical and security standards or frameworks
- You will be producing technical solution documents, design/architecture diagrams, security design documentation as required to support new, proposed or existing CCAU Engineering solutions
- You will be delivering technical presentations or knowledge walkthroughs of existing and proposed application systems to various audiences including project team members, peer technology teams and management
- You will be providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity
- You will be mentoring and coaching other team members on technical issues, set standards and code reviews
- You will be acting as an internal consultant on all infrastructure related items while participating in all phases of the project development life cycle
- You will be participating in interview processes for hiring developers, as per project needs
What's in it for you?
- You have 7-10 years of technical working experience in Consulting or Corporate Systems Development environments or equivalent
- You have a solid background in system and application architecture solutions, development, maintenance, and support of a variety of banking/applications on different technologies and platforms
- You have Expert knowledge of web-based information technology principles, System Integration, Methodologies and Standards / Metrics.
- You have extensive experience in creating full stack solutions (Frontend and Backend)
- You have experience in designing solutions using Microservices architecture, design patterns and frameworks
- You have experience with Cloud-based environments, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment Tools such as Jenkins, Sonar Queue, etc.
- You have distributed system development using Web Services (SOAP or Restful), HTTPs, JSON & MQ.
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and is capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives
- You have lead technical discussions and driven solution builds
- You are a self-starter, fast learner with a positive attitude and team player
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Bank, Banking, Medical, Developer, Engineering, Finance, Healthcare, Technology