Software Engineer (ETL)
Requisition ID: 63073
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Risk Management Systems & Support team provides ETL, not limited to, development and support services for Group Treasury (Structural Interest Rate Risk management, Asset/Liability Management, Funds Transfer Pricing, Match Maturity, Budgeting and Planning) and Global Risk Management (Global Retail Credit Risk, Trade Floor Risk Management). The incumbent is required to participate in multiple projects, provide internal leadership, lead technical design, use cases, and process workflow of complex business processes for internal clients. The incumbent must possess the ability to work with a team of technology focused peers and the ability to juggle multiple/concurrent tasks. The incumbent must thrive on challenge, be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn. Knowledge and/or familiarity with financial instruments, liquidity risk, interest rate risk, funds transfer pricing, and financial management reporting processes is ideal.The expectation for the ideal candidate is to able to supplement and complement both Technical and Project Leads and be hands-on.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, the individual will be responsible to, but not limited:
- Provide technology leadership and be the ambassador for the Devops team
- Participate in all aspects of a systems development life cycle within the development team (Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, QA, Implementation and Support)
- Be the Point of Contact for escalation on service operation including service availability and continuality
- Provide regular and accurate management KPIs
- Liaise between the Project and Devops team, understand projects, and aspects of the project, impacting the team and service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Analyze data in both traditional operational SQL Server databases and Hadoop Big Data environments
- Analyze data sources for integration into Hadoop - structured/semi-structured and unstructured data from various sources
- Ensure compliance with all applicable data regulations and policies
- Lead initiatives to support continuous integration and improvement through technologies (new), and process
- Support Business As Usual Devops where applicable (may require off business hour support)
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies:
- Hands on experience working in Talend, Datastage, Tidal, Autosys
- Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
- Hands on experience working in an Devops/Agile environment
- Hands on experience working with Apache Nifi, Hive, Hadoop, HQL, Sqoop, Kafka
- Hands on experience working with Bitbucket, Jenkins (pipelines), Hortonworks framework.
- Hands on experience working with Korn shell script
- Hands on experience working with Pig, Spark, Python or Java
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 2-3 years of banking/financial industry experience.
- 8-10 working experience in Technology
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Software Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering