Sr. Analyst, Compensation Governance
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
Reporting to the Senior Director, Compensation Governance, the Sr. Analyst, Compensation Governance provides project and program support to the compensation governance team including preparation of materials for the Management Resources and Compensation Committee (MRCC) of CIBC's Board of Directors (Board), U.K. Remuneration Advisory Group (RAG) and CIBC's executive compensation disclosure in CIBC's Annual Management Proxy Circular (Proxy). Other accountabilities include market and regulatory research and analysis and coordination of governance initiatives. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Program Management Support of Annual Deliverables - Support the management of the annual MRCC and RAG work plans and co-ordination of MRCC and RAG material from contributors within Total Rewards, Human Resources and Corporate Secretary's Division (CSD). Conduct research and analysis, prepare reports and draft material for the MRCC and RAG. Manage all related records and ensure records management guidelines are followed.
- Project Management of Annual Proxy Deliverables - Support the development and design of the executive compensation disclosure in the Proxy, including Compensation Discussion and Analysis and Tables sections. Consolidate inputs from multiple sources, review changes for accuracy, spelling, and grammar. Work closely with CSD to review project plans, meet deliverable timelines and communicate all relevant and on-going changes, modifications and additions to the final document.
- General Research, Regulatory Changes, Analysis and Project Support - Conduct research and gain understanding of regulatory landscape and requirements in executive compensation and renumeration space to support the Senior Director, Compensation Governance. Support with assigned projects through research, implementation and communication. Maintain knowledge of executive compensation trends and practices and any federal, provincial/state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to executive compensation
- Technology Support and Governance - Maintain an effective file structure on SharePoint Online to support ease of usability and management of MRCC/Board materials. Manage the records inventory and record management processes. Maintain up to date knowledge of ongoing development/enhancements to the Nasdaq BoardVantage portal.
What CIBC Offers
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help inform your decision making.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-CC North 6th Floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours