Sr. Full-Stack Developer 1
As we are growing our Customer Journey teams, we are looking to add Angular Front-End developers to this program team. We design, build and operate the services we own and we give our journey development teams all the autonomy they need to move fast and innovate. The Angular team delivers enterprise services to both internal applications and to external partners, built on a modern hybrid cloud platform using the latest micro-services architecture.
Everything is cool when you're part of an awesome team. As an engineer on the team, you will work as part of a small, autonomous team to deliver services for use in both internal and external applications. We are looking for top notch software engineers who are great team players and obsessive about the quality of their code and delivered service.
We give our engineers the freedom to innovate in software design, development processes and automation so that they can deliver the very best result for our customers and continuously optimize the performance of their team.
Our teams design, develop, test and support their services so you'll have the opportunity to be part of every stage of the process and take pride in delivering great new services with excellent reliability.
We expect our Angular Engineers to take on significant personal responsibility for delivery but we do it in a fun team-oriented environment. As an engineer focused on banking services, you will be part of an exciting journey to change how we deliver our services to customers and how we integrate with business partners. Customers are looking for richer, more personal and lower cost services every day and you will play a key role in delivering on those expectations. More than anything else, we're looking for people who want to be part of an elite engineering team and have the opportunity to learn and grow.
RBC believes in building diverse teams. We actively try to bring together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage collaboration with internal partners and team members to achieve a collective result. We want our team members to think big and simplify things that are complicated.
Our engineering culture is built on continuous learning and supported by transparency, trust and cooperation. We have a great mix of senior and junior engineers which gives everyone a chance through teamwork and mentorship to build their knowledge and experience.
What will you do?
- You will be creating new customer-facing applications using the latest technologies which will shape the future of banking for RBC
- Work within an Agile product team comprised of technical, product and business team members to deliver exceptional products
- Design and develop code structures to promote reusability across many applications
- Collaborate with the team to design and implement software logic following current best practices
- Mentor and coach others on the team and practice peer-programming
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure high code quality with a rapidly changing Enterprise application suite
- Stay open-minded and look beyond your stack to solve complex problems
- You will actively seek out knowledge about new technologies and how they can be used to solve current and foreseeable challenges
- Leverage Open Source technology and contribute to open source where possible
- Collaborate with the other developers on the team to define and integrate REST APIs with the UI components
- Excellent communication including the ability to distill technical details into human terms
What do you need to succeed?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g. EE, physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working within professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing
- Experience supporting production-level software.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Web UI frameworks (including Angular or AngularJS)
- Experience with querying and consuming from a REST backend
- Experience with code merging and branching methodologies using Git
- Ability to simplify complex problems
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, refactoring, clean code...
- Experience with using one of these - React, RequireJS, SystemJS or Webpack
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Understanding of DevOps deployment processes and technologies; Docker, Jenkins etc.
- Experience in BDD and TDD methodologies