Sr. Manager Engineering - Platform Organiztion
Requisition ID: 67807
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Reporting to the Director, the individual will be responsible for:
* Manage the team (Direct and indirect reports) in areas of project scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development.
* Work with architectures, and security teams to understand the infrastructure and platform roadmaps, and proactively perform initiatives or remediate identified vulnerabilities to ensure applications are utilizing up to date supported versions.
* Drive adoption of the latest DevOps technologies and practices, and their integration to an enterprise platform.
* Accountable for ensuring production systems reliability, and availability with prompt response and remediation to issues and incidents with effective communication to all stakeholders. Lead the operation support to make sure SLOs are coniststently met. Experience with MTTR and MTBF measurements and tracking during incidents.
* Negotiate across the bank and among different entities the product delivery requirements such as scope, schedule, cost, resources, integration, change, and quality.
* Participate and lead all aspects of a Release life cycle following an agile-sprint based methodology. Represent team at Change Board meetings and obtain all the necessary approvals to proceed with production deployments.
* Establish and champion quality and continous improvement activities, building in and confirming quality and checkpoints at all phases. Participate in the automation and streamline of our operations and processes.
* Manage communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact scope, schedule, budget, risk and resources.
* Build strong working relationships with peers within business lines and development partners.
* Contribute to the overall department budget and manage within the budget.
* Participate in vendor product assessment and selection.
* Understand and document optimal and best practice configuration for applications, network, and databases to ensure high performance, reliability, availability and serviciability.
* Meet scheduled milestones to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and are in compliance with IT technology standards.
* Manage the team recruitment, retention, and performance.
* Keep pace with industry digital standards to validate product strategies, protect security of the product platform, and ensure performance meets customer expectations.
. Skills, Experinces and functional competencies
* Strong project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects
* Strong understanding of Agile concepts and best practices.
* Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching, and motivational skills. Experience on conflict resolution.
* Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
* Strong vendor management skills and experience in negotiating contractual terms.
* Disciplined in development methodology and familiar with software development technologies and concepts.
* Excellent problem solving skills, have vision and innovative approach to computer based solutions and ability to convey those ideas.
* Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, and make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
* Must be reliable, proactive, results oriented, customer-focused, and attentive to details.
* Experience with version control, building, and configuration systems.
* Understanding of network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP, firewall).
* Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems and shell programming.
* Experience in using and integrating with GitHub, Maven, Artifactory, JUnit, Jenkins, SonarQube, JMeter, Jira.
* Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
* Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
* Past experience leading/supervising teams of 10 or more, ability to motivate staff
* Excellent time management and organizational skills in orer to deliver projects in a timely manner and deal with conflicting priorities
* At least 7 years of practical experience
* Must be able to think conceptually out-fo-the-box Education and other requirements
*Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Engineer, Web Design, Developer, Finance, Engineering, Creative, Technology