Staff Software Engineer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 68471
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Major Accountabilities:
Education/Work Experience/Designations Qualification and Minimum Requirements:
- Provides thought-leadership to fellow team members and business partners across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements. This includes scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and UAT and production deployment.
- Ensures delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to GCS and/or Product engineering.
- Identifies project technical risks.
- Ensures delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed. Works in conjunction with Engagement Leader to size, manage scope and risk.
- Translate use cases and requirements into user stories
- Provides support and technical governance focused on one or more projects at a single client, in partnership with Pega COE.
- Act as the mentor to all team members on their assigned project tasks.
- Focused on customer success (realization of business benefit)
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-teach new technologies and maintain an understanding of the Division's business and technology strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of the PRPC Architecture and all PRPC design and implementation features.
- Slid understanding of reuse and portability in terms of enterprise solutions seeking to determine and develop repeatable, efficient and optimal ways of implementing Pega.
- PS SME that acts as a resurces to the organization; pro-actively responds to ad-hoc questions from the field
Specialized knowledge of financial industry and applicable frameworks considered asset Education/Experience
- Typically requires BS Degree with 7 years of experience, or Master's Degree with 4 years of experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering).
- Experience in analysis, design, development, and application deployment of large scale Java centric enterprise application systems.
- Experience in J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, Java), Oracle and/or DB2 and MS/SQL
- Experience in Websphere or Weblogic Application Server
- Strong OO experience
- Creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to deliver proposals, provide user support and interact with team members and other departments.
- Ability to quickly and independently develop an advanced knowledge of the PRPC Architecture and all PRPC design and implementation features.
- Flexible and adaptable, the individual will be open to learning new methodologies, tools, platforms and systems.
- Role requires individuals to be open minded, able to make sound decisions without having all the facts
- Highly analytical, the individual is able to quickly understand how various elements relate to one another, having an end to end perspective of decisions and anticipating issues/roadbloacks
- Ability to meet and manage tight and changing deadlines and priorities
- Expert communication, negotiation and influencing skills in order to drive dialogue with business partners in order to understand their underlying needs and requirements while managing their expectations given the limitations of the framework
- Solid customer focus skills to discern underlying client needs and foresee opportunities to enhance level of service and increase solution's scalability
- Strong team focus with a genuine interest in working collaboratively with others, mentoring peers and being open to giving and receiving constructive feedback
The incumbent will be working in normal business conditions. Travelling to meetings may extend to other buildings off premises or to vendor sites.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Electrical, Technology, Engineering, Finance