Vice President, Talent Acquisition - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 64188
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Vice President, Talent Acquisition is the subject matter expert for the strategic direction and management of the Bank's recruitment programs, enterprise wide. This role is responsible for the development of a strategic recruitment plan, key segment strategies, strategic alliances, talent acquisition marketing, as well as leading a team of talent acquisition consultants.
This role works collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to direct all aspects of the global recruitment function including sourcing methodologies & tools, assessment of candidates, search process execution, as well as contributing to positive hiring manager and candidate experiences. Accountabilities
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Drive the design and execution of a global recruitment strategy
- Educate internal partners on best practices in sourcing, legal requirements, interviewing skills, and other topics
- Collaborate with key partners to develop and execute recruitment strategies
- Build out, optimize and standardize internal and external recruitment models and processes globally
- Establish and sustain strategic alliances with key talent sources, including universities, colleges, designated group & immigrant outreach programs and other external organizations to source qualified and diverse candidates
- Lead the development and implementation of candidate sourcing strategies and capabilities (i.e. sourcing model, tools, channels, roles, methods), based on current and future needs
- Oversee the development and maintenance of global recruitment tools, including technology, assessments, etc.
- Develop the social recruitment strategy for existing and emerging social media as well as attraction strategies and campaigns
- Deliver cost effective, results oriented recruitment processes that yield top talent hires throughout the organization
- Negotiate and implement an annual plan for all recruitment activities, monitoring performance against plan and ensuring goal achievement
- Develop talent as a competitive strength to improve business performance and drive change
- Develop, manage and evaluate 3rd-party recruiting resources
- Enhance all phases of recruitment, including sourcing, referral recruitment, selection and assessment
- Direct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicate the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams
- Build a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for them
- Highly customer focused
- Expert understanding of recruitment strategies and technology
- Broad knowledge of HR principles and practices as well as labour laws
- Strong strategic facilitation and influencing skills
- Ability to understand and anticipate both business and professional risks and make sound judgments
- Strong communication skills with sound interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate strategic information
- Considers long term implications of decisions and diverse stakeholder needs including shareholder, customer, employee and regulator
- Effective and proven coaching and talent development capabilities
- Proven track record of project management execution capabilities yielding strong results
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
HR, Recruiting, Developer, Executive, VP, Human Resources, Technology, Management