MANAGER, DERIVATIVES & SECURITIES VALUATION
- Victoria, BC, Canada Victoria BC CA
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 12 juin 18 2018-06-12
Reporting to the Director, Financial Reporting & Valuations, the Manager, Derivatives & Securities Valuation, is responsible for accounting issues related to derivatives across all asset classes as well as securities valuation for fixed income and public equity securities.
BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are a significant institutional investor whose investments span the world. Our major clients are pension plans, and the work that we do helps to secure the retirements of hundreds of thousands of people. Our success depends on our high-performing employees. The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of accountability, transparency, integrity, and team cohesiveness. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
This position requires the application of industry standards and professional judgment. This position leads a team that: works with other members of the Finance Department, Derivatives Operations, IT and asset classes to identify and resolve accounting and financial statement reporting issues; verifies derivative valuations used in determining pooled fund and segregated investment valuations; and verifies securities valuations for fixed income, public equity, and derivative securities held in pooled funds and as segregated investments.
The Manager, Derivatives & Securities Valuation provides critical analysis and support to other members of the Investment Accounting Branch for the ongoing valuation of pooled funds and segregated investments, and production of pooled fund financial statements.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CGA, CPA CMA)
- 5 years’ direct experience with derivatives and other complex financial instruments
- Experience in the preparation of audited financial statements that incorporate derivative instruments
- Good conceptual and technical understanding of securities markets
- The ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles, industry standards and professional judgement
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to coach and assist with the development needs of team members
- Experience interacting with senior management and external advisors/auditors
Closing Date: July 02, 2018
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://careers.bci.ca/res_login.html
BCI provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health & wellness plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://careers.bci.ca.