Application development Assistant Vice Precident
Who we are looking for
This position will be a part of the Alpha core team. As the data warehouse platform team, they will build a data platform based on Snowflake, Azure and on premise cloud. The successful candidate must be a quick and dedicate learner, strong communicator, excellent in technical thinking and skills, and outstanding in providing integrated solutions. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Application Developer - AVP you will
What we value
- Work with business customers to define, initiate and execute on the delivery of our highest priority projects.
- Be an owner of our development process and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Translate business requirements into actionable specifications developing code
- Create unit test cases and complete unit testing before moving the code to UAT
- Plan production deployments coordinating with all the teams involved in the process
- Work with QA team to get the testing completed
- Production support as needed
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent Communication skills. Not afraid to ask questions, express concerns or share ideas
- Ability to multi-task. Can take on additional responsibilities and prioritize assignments
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 3 plus years of experience in application development
- Advanced skills in Oracle (12c/19c) databases including PL/SQL development, SQL, performance tuning, working experience with exadata appliances
- Operating System knowledge: Windows, UNIX, or Linux
- Expert knowledge of re-usable coding patterns and object oriented development paradigms.
- Ability to produce and mentor others in writing simple, readable, and maintainable code.
- The successful delivery of complex software applications from inception to release.
- Past adoptions of various software engineering practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
- Complete understanding of an iterative project cycle as described in Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Willingness to engage in and lead various peer based best practices such as paired programming and group code reviews.
About State Street What we do.
- Experience with ESP applications is a plus
- Experience with Azure is a plus
- Experience with Snowflake is a plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers