Data Architect lead
Who we are looking for
Data Architect helps to build and sustain State Street DataGX client's data capabilities and competitive advantage using the DataGX solutions and product offerings. The successful candidate will have an in-depth and expert knowledge of conceptual, logical and physical data models, expert knowledge of data analysis, data integration, data modeling, database design, and data warehousing; demonstrated ability to write and tune efficient SQL code; experience with BI and visualization tools. What you will be responsible for
As you will
- Serve as primary subject matter expert across the DataGX team for creation and management of sustainable data models that can be leveraged consistently and at scale.
- Leads the data collection method, data profiling, data cleansing, and normalization of enterprise data to support common implementation methods and tools across clients
- Creates, configures, optimizes and troubleshoots the database using advanced SQL programming
- Sets the data architecture principles in line with the Data Product Strategy by analyzing, testing, validating and certifying data system tables that are consistent with near term business requirements and long term growth targets
- Liaise between the client, data modelers and the developers to create use cases and execute Proof Of Concept to implement a sustainable and reusable data architecture
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems
- Develop database design and architecture documentation for the DataGX team and the management team which outlines trends, statistics, changing data needs and recommends the appropriate solutions
- Maintain the integrity and security of the data model in a multi-tenet and multi-client environment
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proficiency with Oracle and advanced SQL query techniques is required
- Extensive experience in developing logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments.
- Strong experience designing model with an eye toward high performance, scalability, and high availabilityEducation & Preferred Qualifications
- BS in a technical discipline required.
- Fluency in English and Chinese.
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a related role. Experience with Enterprise Data Management is a differentiator
- Knowledge and experience working within financial services and related data domains
- Strong technical, strategic and business analysis skills with the ability to solve complex problems
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers