Surveillance Analyst, Senior Associate-2
Who we are looking for:
New and quickly growing team seeking bright and hard-working individuals to assist with managing increasing demand. The team is responsible for the oversight and supervision of State Street Foreign Exchange, Equity and Securities Lending businesses, involving the review of communications and transactions, managing investigations, following dedicated procedures and maintaining subject matter expertise on industry trends. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As Market Surveillance Senior Associate you will:
What we value:
- Review of written and voice communications, and identification of trends
- Review transaction reports and analyze trade data to identify exceptions
- Follow the procedure for inquiry into potential violations and ensure proper closure
- Optimization and refinement of search methodologies through pattern recognition
- Update and develop new management reports
- Design, construction, maintenance and automation of trade reports
- Streamline processes and maintain procedures
- Research industry trends and industry best practices
- Assist with adhoc projects as needed, ensuring delivery of key milestones and tracking project plans
- Develop presentations for regulatory bodies or senior management \\
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks to meet specific daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- Highly ethical and cognizant of confidentiality
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- 1-3 years' relevant experience
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline
- Basic knowledge of US banking and financial industry regulations
- Basic knowledge of the types of products traded by financial firms.
- Knowledge of market surveillance solutions and best practices
- Experience involving securities trading (FX, Equity, Fixed Income), Securities lending, middle office, operations, trade reporting, regulatory, legal, or audit
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills (MS Access or VBA a plus)
- Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, German or French fluency
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers