AML Analyst (KYC, EDD focused)
- Pékin, Beijing, Chine Pékin Beijing CN
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 20 août 18 2018-08-20
AML Analyst is accountable for a variety of tasks related to AML risk-control with a particular focus on completing Know Your Client (KYC) risk due diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) risk monitoring (including transactional reviews). This role will maintain an understanding of AML policies, procedures and systems. This role will require the incumbent to understand, in some depth, Capital Markets and/or PBS lines of business, products, and customers’ business to determine the likelihood that the use of BMO services is for money-laundering or terrorist financing purposes.
The AML Analyst will be responsible for completing KYC files, adjudicate sanctions and adverse media hits; prepare information and basis of sanctions analysis; understanding transaction history to review, analyze and conclude on risk. Understand the flow of fund to determine if it appears be legitimate Mapping where money is coming from and where it is going, to determine if it appears to be legitimate. Determination of compliance policies being in place and complied to within the business entity
Key accountabilities of the role include:
1. Prepare KYC files, collect and analyze a wide variety of information to conduct KYC due diligence on clients; Prepare files within the established prescribed processes/guidelines set by the AML leadership team to identify and document possible risks specific to this account and preparing files for review.
2. Collect additional information pertinent to the investigation and conduct enhanced due diligence for higher risk clients; recommend, assess risks posed to the Bank, and provide a final recommendation to onboard/maintain/demarket client based on assessment and risk of client.
3. Follow up for documentation / information if not received in a timely manner. Communicate with Front Line and lines of business partners and Customer directly (where possible/appropriate) to obtain required information/documentation
4. Document all information found throughout the investigation, developing and maintaining account files in a manner that will ensure compliance with the AML/TF customer due diligence operating directive and AML procedures.
5. Ensure problem escalation, mitigation and preventative measures are consistent with regulatory and corporate requirements
6. Analyze information related to system or manually generated alerts to identify persons and entities that may be laundering money or funding terrorism, escalating as appropriate for further investigation or reporting in accordance with defined processes and legislation.
7. Identify unusual activities and behaviors across multiple products, analyzing and assessing information and referring all transactions that may relate to money laundering or terrorist financing for further investigation or reporting as outlined in documented processes and protocols.
8. Participate China initiatives / projects related to AML / ATF changes, including participate in the creation of project documentation and requirements, project planning and tracking, and liaising with project stakeholders upon direction by team management.
The nature of this role will shift over time as the business mix and structure of BMO Asia changes and grows.
Knowledge and Skills
• University degree or college diploma, preferably in business finance, law or related
• CAMS designation or in process preferred
• 3-5 years of relevant AML experience in financial institution
• Working knowledge of applicable AML regulatory requirements and practices
• Sound verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency (written/oral) in English and Mandarin required
• Highly accurate and detail oriented
• Analytical thinking
• Strong interpersonal skills used within a demanding team environment and in client interaction
• Proficient with MS Office and adept / learn new applications/systems
• Works independently with appreciation for team work