Application Support Analyst
- Pékin, Beijing, Chine
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 20 nov. 18
Application Support Analyst
The Role: Application Support Analyst
Job Description Summary:
S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking an Application Support Analyst to be a key player in the implementation and support of its index calculation platforms that run major headline indices like S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Averages. This role requires a seasoned technologist, who works effectively, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment to undertake production support for mission critical applications.
The candidate must be a delivery-focused person with financial applications experience and skills. The candidate will report to the Lead of Application Operations.
- Manage daily production support for Global Real-Time Platform & End of Day index calculation systems during Asia Pacific business hours.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
- Provide IT support for new product development using data extraction & data manipulation.
- Generate ad-hoc/historical reports as requested by business users.
- Analyze production issues, report bugs and collaborate with application development team for resolution.
- Escalate critical or non-resolvable issues to the next level and provide ETA to customers.
- Perform periodic system health checks to avoid potential outages and proactively address system capacity issues.
- Monitor connections to market data sources, stock exchanges and vendor-partners.
- Monitor application log files to debug issues, review alert emails and take corrective actions.
- Deploy applications in Weblogic servers, web servers, start & stop system processes.
- Troubleshoot data and system issues with stock exchanges and market data distributors.
- Review market data notices from stock exchanges & data vendors and analyze system impact.
- Verify market data on vendor terminals, files & stock exchange websites.
- Maintain support procedures & runbook, system checkout tasks, escalation contacts.
- Liaison with vendor-partners and data hosting providers to resolve technical issues.
- Interact with business operations to provide technical support.
- Utilizing infrastructure project management and systems operation management methodologies to support the efforts of the Application Operations Manager.
- Participate in the post mortems for system outages.
- Effectively interact with global customers, business users and IT staff.
- Bachelor's/Associate degree or equivalent work experience or certification.
- 3+ years of overall experience in supporting IT applications/infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle Database environment - SQL, PL/SQL programming.
- 1+ years of experience in Mongo DB environment would be a big plus.
- Experience with different Operating Systems - Red Hat Linux and Windows XP is required.
- Experience in deploying Java applications in Weblogic servers would be plus.
- Knowledge of Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, Unicast, Multicast, Sockets) and IP addressing.
- Experience using system tools, utilities and third-party products like Informatica, Toad etc.
- Experience with Market Data such as Equity, Forex or Options asset classes preferred.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.