Associate Director - Market Management
- Pékin, Beijing, Chine Pékin Beijing CN
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 21 mai 18 2018-05-21
Associate Director - Market Management
S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Role: Associate Director - Equity Markets
The Location: CHN - Beijing
The Team: The candidate will be part of the Index Management & Production Group (IMPG) which is responsible for the maintenance and calculation of S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Impact: The Associate Director will lead the Asia-Pacific Market Managers team responsible for the maintenance and coverage of S&P Dow Jones Indices active companies and stocks in the region
What's in it for you: A global role, with the opportunity to fully support the Global Market Management Group within IMPG. The Associate Director is not only responsible for all aspects of a limited group of companies and stocks for which is a subject matter expert and be an example and escalation point for more junior team members but, and most importantly, they will lead and oversee the team of Asia-Pacific Market Managers
- Manage a number of assigned markets and also be a backup for the team whenever required
- Oversee Index Production undertaken by the team of Market Managers. Ensure Index Production processes are streamlined and effective.
- Work closely with S&P Dow Jones Indices technology group to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying (and by working as part of a team to correct) deficiencies in our work flow and quality control processes
- Ensure high standards of quality are met. Lead the Market Management QA process to review any errors and enhance processes accordingly
- Represent the team, and contribute with own ideas and feedback, in global meetings and conference calls impacting or involving the Market Managers group
- Talent Management for Market Manager Employees, with responsibility for staff performance, development and recruitment
- Ensure that relevant stakeholder needs are met at all stage of the market management process. Work closely with Client Coverage team to understand and respond to client needs as well
- Be a subject matter expert and a point of escalation for analysts in dealing with all manner of issues arising from index production
- Be able to train both new and existing employees in order to ensure best practices in market management
- Lead and coordinate the effort of team in ad-hoc projects and company initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of other groups within S&P Dow Jones Indices and across other departments, particularly the technology group, in order to further enhance system capabilities and improve processes and work flows
- A demonstrable understanding of global financial markets
- 5 years of relevant experience working with indices and index related data is required. Direct experience at an index provider and/or financial institution focused on tracking/replication or portfolio management is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance considered an advantage
- Experience with corporate action research and analysis
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential. Further language skills would be considered an advantage
- Excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required to communicate index changing events
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The projects involve requirements gathering, analytical thinking, compilation of data, and documentation
- Must be proficient in interpreting and analyzing corporate filings and related documents, and apply that analysis to the data inputs underlying S&P DJI Indices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential. Knowledge of Matlab, Microsoft Access and/or VBA would be considered an advantage
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .