Principal Investment Officer - Capital Markets and Structured Products
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The AIIB's Investment Operations are divided into two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa, and Latin America.
The Banking Department has the following verticals: (i) Capital markets and structured products; (ii) Digital infrastructure and industry; (iii) Financial institutions and syndication; and (iv) Private equity.
The Investment Operations Region 1 - Banking Department is looking for a Principal Investment Officer who will be tasked to originate, structure, and execute infrastructure and infrastructure related (i) capital markets investment projects and (ii) structured products. All investments must be in accordance with sound banking principles, including the assessment of commercial and financial viability, structuring according to international best practices, appropriate risk allocation and mitigation, and a market rate of return reflecting the risks of the investment. The Principal Investment Officer is expected to work closely with other relevant AIIB departments, assist management in preparing strategies for building the investment pipeline and assist in implementing these strategies. Training and developing junior team members will be an important responsibility
- Originate, structure and execute investment opportunities in capital markets related projects and structured finance opportunities.
- Maintain a strong investment pipeline by interacting with prospective clients - sponsors, banks, investors and fund managers;
- Lead investment teams of industry, legal, and safeguard specialists to conduct the due diligence of investment proposals;
- Manage key internal stakeholders and the AIIB investment approval process, ensuring that investments comply with AIIB's policies and strategies.
- Work as a team player, including supporting management in achieving its targets and objectives; and
- Lead the capital markets vertical in meeting its targets and objectives.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant work experience in the field of capital markets and structured products gained at a commercial/investment bank/asset management company and/or international financial institution;
- Experience in leading an investment team;
- Extensive experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt and guarantees, private equity and funds, as well as capital markets and structured products;
- Strong financial, analytical and credit skills;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational abilities;
- Experience in Asian markets would be an advantage;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage;
- Master's degree or equivalent, preferably in business administration or finance, are strongly preferred; and
- Candidates with the CFA designation are preferred.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES