Principal Research Analyst
- Pékin, Beijing, Chine
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 14 nov. 18
Principal Research Analyst
Job Description Summary
This role is designed to enhance IHS Markit Upstream Oil & Gas Insight service to clients in the APAC region, and in particular China, by delivering both global and region-specific research from across IHS Markit research offerings.
Reporting to the regional research director, the role will require responsibility for China related upstream research, while also being a key contributor to delivering new research content that is pertinent to both APAC region and Global clients.
As a Principal Researcher based in Beijing, China, the incumbent will:
- Meet regularly with China based clients to discuss IHS Markit global Upstream Oil & Gas research messages
- Present critical Upstream trends and issues spanning the upstream oil & gas business as a whole at client briefings, industry external events in China, and the regional as whole when required.
- Support the China sales team in developing client relationships, and securing renewals and new subscription sales.
- Working with the regional research director and global upstream capability leads, play a key role in delivering research content relevant to the China, APAC and Global clients as whole, within existing or new products
- Support the development and build of the future research team in China, ensuring the appropriate mix of capabilities, and providing coaching and support
- Act as a key interface point with the China based consulting team by advising on research content relevant for consulting work, and providing expert input to consulting projects where required.
- Solid understanding of the broad strategic issues relevant to the international Energy / Upstream Oil & Gas industry
- Domain expertise on knowledge on one or more aspects of the industry e.g. Oil & Gas Company Strategies and Performance; E&P terms & Above ground Risk; Global Exploration; Field Development Planning Costs and Technology; Asset and Portfolio Modelling and Economics
- Understanding of the Chinese business environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical to this position, with strong verbal, writing and editing skills in English and Mandarin
- Analytical, quantitative, and able to see the big picture and draw conclusions by synthesizing and digesting large sets of data. Purely technical knowledge and skills are not sufficient; a sense of the commercial and strategic aspects of the global upstream business, and an ability to describe same, is required.
- Able to work in multi-cultural setting with teams across offices and with members in other practices, in a collaborative and efficient manner.
- Able to use desktop tools :Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Tableau or other visualization software
- Willingness to travel for business, including international travel
Required education and background
- Bachelor's Degree in Geology, Petroleum Engineering, Engineering, Finance, or Economics, or equivalent required.
- PhD or MBA or similar qualification would be advantageous
- At least 10 years working experience in the oil and gas industry or related financial services or consulting industries.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.