The Role: Specialist, Accountant
Location: Beijing, China
The Team: Be part of a global record to report team and collaborate with domestic and international retained staff; third parties; Treasury; Intercompany; AP & OTC teams, and all global business units focusing on achieving team / company objectives with special expertise on China.
The Impact/responsibilities: This position will be based in the Beijing office and closely work with the China controllers and finance team as well as the regional and global stakeholders. You will be performing the month end close activities, cash management including cash forecast and Treasury reporting, account reconciliations, corporate income tax and value-added tax calculation, support statutory audit and tax filings, maintenance of China GAAP accounting entries, schedules and reports in HBS accounting system and perform China vs US GAAP reconciliations. Ensure compliance with corporate policies and SOX controls. Assist in any other ad-hoc finance projects as and when assigned.
What's in it for you:
• Opportunity to be part of S&P Global, a growing global organization that powers the markets of the future.
• Be part of a global record to report team and collaborate with domestic and international retained staff; third parties; third parties; Treasury; Intercompany; AP & OTC teams, and all global business units focusing on achieving team / company objectives.
• To work in the latest cutting edge technologies.
• Degree in Accountancy with at least 4-6 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
• Experience with Oracle EBS/R12 and International banking applications preferred.
• Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products specifically Outlook, Excel, Access, and Word.
• Good knowledge of China Accounting GAAP and local statutory requirements.
• High degree of accuracy and management of heavy workload; ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Willingness to learn new and legacy systems at a fast pace.
• Proactive team player with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Flexible to render overtime when there is a strong business need.
• Working experience in US MNCs a plus.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.