Associate/Sr.Associate-Risk Assurance (Financial Services)_Shanghai
- Shanghai, Chine
- CDI, Plein-temps
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Zhong Tian LLP
- 11 déc. 17 2017-12-11
About Risk Assurance
Business today is increasingly complex - from the way organisations are managed and structured, through increasing integration with business partners and service providers, to the ever greater levels of reliance placed on underlying information systems and business processes. In addition, new regulations - domestic and international - are placing a greater emphasis on the effectiveness of internal controls, and this often requires independent assurance. You will provide value-added insights that help to improve system and business control effectiveness across various organisations.
We are currently seeking individuals with strong internal controls and assurance experience in the Financial Services industry. This can include experience of some, but not necessarily all of the following: end-to-end financial reporting processes and controls, entity level controls, information technology general controls, , data governance and analytics, internal/external audit, operational risk and the ‘three lines of defence’, regulatory (including C-SOX) and statutory reporting for financial institutions, and shared service centre strategies and controls. A genuine interest in the financial services sector and good understanding of one or more of the industry sub-sectors is expected (i.e. retail, commercial, investment banking, insurance and asset/wealth management, internet finance, 3rd party payment, P2P).
Key responsibilities will include some of the following:
• Assessing the end-to-end controls established by financial institutions over their key financial reporting, operational and regulatory processes, including entity level controls;
• Assessing the key information technology general controls established by financial institutions over their IT infrastructure, including user access, IT operations, change management and system development processes;
• Designing and executing advanced data analytical techniques in order to provide assurance over detailed transaction processing activities;
• Assessing key controls operated at outsourced facilities and/or third parties including technology, finance, operations and business processes;
• Assessing financial institutions response to regulatory requirements, including relevant regulatory reporting requirements;
• Developing an understanding of key end-to-end transaction flows associated with various financial products and any associated operational and financial reporting risks; and
• Working within a large team of consultants to deliver a detailed programme of work, meeting exacting quality standards, within tight timeframes.
You will be expected to take a diligent approach to the attest / assurance process of a client's financial and operational processes utilising our established practice methodology and approaches.
In addition, you will be expected to convey pragmatic solutions to our client's complex business problems through the use of written reports and presentations. The opportunity will be available for you to develop your responsibility in supervising, coaching and developing individual team members.
• University degree majoring in accounting, business administration, information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics, accounting, and/or business administration;
• Minimum of 3 years internal audit/external audit and/or compliance experience with a reputable international professional firm or financial institution;
• Good practical experience of working with clients in one or more particular areas of financial services. Experience of performing external audit for major financial services organisations would be beneficial;
• Practical experience and working knowledge in two or more of the following: business and system processes review, internal controls, IT auditing, information security management, IT risk management, financial services products, governance, three lines of defence, operational risk, and financial reporting;
• Working understanding of internal and external audit methodologies, approaches and techniquess;
• Fluency in information technology general controls concepts in the areas of systems development, change management, computer operations and access to programs and data;
• Ability to identify and assess business process controls and linkage to IT systems;
• Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English – and ideally in Chinese;
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity;
• Effective project management, multi-tasking, interpersonal and influencing skills are essential; and
• Flexibility to travel to out-of-town.