Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Team Description
XDIV's mission is to deliver impactful revenue, risk, regulatory and efficiency projects requiring cross-divisional management for the firm. XDIV is a dedicated project management and business analysis team within Engineering. Using established methods of effective program delivery, functional and technical expertise, and stakeholder management skills, XDIV provides senior management with execution capabilities to deliver their most complex projects. XDIV is uniquely positioned to be the glue that binds diverse divisions, functions, requirements and stakeholders together. Job Description
Manage high risk enterprise projects by leveraging best-in-class project management skills and strong functional / architectural expertise. Engineering require a hybrid Business Analyst and Project Manager to drive forward a number of initiatives that require involvement in various areas of Engineering and across the firm. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role creates the opportunity for an individual to manage projects across various divisions of the firm which require an engineering uplift in order to meet new business opportunities and/or respond to industry and regulatory demands.
We are seeking a Business Analyst / Project Manager with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support technology needs across the Divisions. Roles will include:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Meeting with Business users to identify, define & document the problem domain
- Preparing business workflow diagrams, use cases, requirement specifications, logical data model, business test scenarios, status reports, etc.
- Supporting the project team during the entire development lifecycle by clarifying business requirements, testing applications and reports, and ensuring that the technical solution meets the business requirements
- Contributing to the analysis and decision-making of strategic functional architecture objectives of specific projects
- The candidate will expect to acquire detailed knowledge of multiple areas within the firm
- Set agenda for requirements working sessions and meetings
- Communicate updates, statuses and timelines to all stakeholders, escalate items that are unresolved or at risk
- Prioritize analysis based on risks and demonstrate ability to work with incomplete information
- Deliver key results to senior management and address corresponding queries
- Conduct research on topical issues
- Conduct detailed problem tracking, resolutions and completion of all actions and issues by their deadlines
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive and a sense of urgency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate business cases and drive consensus with senior management
- Ability to coordinate activities with multiple interdependencies
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst within the financial services industry
- Understanding of Investment Banking Business and Financial concepts, products and services
- Understanding of the Technology Concepts and System Development Life Cycle fundamentals
- Experience in developing test plans, strategies and conducting User Acceptance Testing
- Understanding and experience of project management from initiation to implementation (risks, issue management, etc.)
- The ability to critically examine current processes to propose and develop functional improvements
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity