Senior Business Manager, Location Business Management - PB (Shanghai)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- The Senior Business Manager, Location Business Management (LBM), Private Banking (PB) China Onshore, will be based in Shanghai Branch reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Private Banking North Asia and have a dotted line to the COO, Shanghai Branch.
- This role serves the LBM lead to build and implement the PB China Onshore strategy, as well as to set up the PB business, operational procedural and infrastructure in PB Shanghai Branch to attain long term developments and growth targets.
- This role works closely with the China Onshore First Line of Defense Support (FLDS) for risk related areas and topics identified in the course of business, so that both risk and business attributes are well covered by LBM on business part and FLDS on risk and governance front.
- Should have the competence to advance his/her career path to a Director level LCOO role few years after gaining the expertise, and once the scale expands.
- Dedicated to setting up end to end business process and delivery management on behalf of the front and market in delivering the best service and the daily PB operations
- Ensure a robust integration of new platform, process and system changes to FO and business by delivering different communications and briefings etc.
- Support the Shanghai Branch Head on Front-to-Back Onshore business and operational topics, and to ensure a continuous improvement of business processes
- Align and drive pivotal initiatives to achieve long term growth targets out of the PB COO APAC agenda
- Seek to define and implement location strategies. Function as main contact liaison for Front, Middle and Back Office on the implementation of pivotal initiatives, process improvements and facilitation of communication.
Core Tasks include:
- Projects and Change Management/ Business Integration and Communications - Central focal point for project support and change management, acting as advisor, subject matter specialist or reviewer.
- Procedure Governance - Ensure Procedure Governance framework is adopted and adhered to by PB China Onshore departments. Provide support to Procedure Owners and Experts in continuously implementing the framework.
- Issue Management and Escalating - Main point of contact for raising issues of operational related issues and incidents, especially with client impact. Coordinates issue resolution across Front-to-Back functions.
- Inter and Intra Divisional Collaboration and Cross Sharing - Coordinate and cross share information with other business and functional departments (both location and regional) to stay aligned and effectively cooperate on regional and booking centre level.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Location Initiatives - Facilitate rollout of Regional and Location initiatives as subject matter specialists.
- Control and Compliance - Partner with General Counsel and Business Risk Management to ensure business compliance with external and internal regulations
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in financial institution
- In-depth knowledge in Private Banking business, practices and operations in China
- Ability to communicate effectively through presentation and individual discussions with all levels, including attitude to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all management and personnel
- Proven organizational, project and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multitasks and work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and inspire changes across the organization
- Technical and interpersonal skills to manage/coordinate the team in being able to deliver timely and sophisticated solutions to complex client needs
- Analytical and confident personality with outstanding ability to build positive relationship to interact with business partners across various departments (Front Office, General Counsel, Operations, Product Management etc.)
- Ability to work independently and to be proactive in all situations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excels in team-work and collaboration
- Proficient in English, Mandarin (both written and oral) and Cantonese as you will have to liaise with Chinese speaking clients and teams globally
- Outstanding MS Word and Outlook skills and good PowerPoint
- Capable to frequent travel between Hong Kong, Singapore and China
- Results-oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.