Technology - Big Data Developer, Associate, Shanghai
- Shanghai, Chine Shanghai Shanghai CN
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 mai 18 2018-05-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Technology
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The Vault is the firms centralized security data lake for log collection and analytics. It serves as a key platform for fulfilling regulatory requirements via log retention, and also meets Cyber and Insider Threat requirements by providing big data analytics capabilities. This platform not only receives more than 200 log flows, and about 20TB data per day, but also provide interfaces for users to query against parsed/raw data on demand and for downstream applications to consume near real time log data for analytics purposes. This is a developer role, but the candidate also needs to have infrastructure experience working with big data platforms and components of the Hadoop ecosystem. The role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Understand, maintain and improve existing big data systems/architecture
- Design, develop and deploy new server-side services or applications
- Explore cutting edge big data technologies and choose appropriate solution to solve problems
- Work closely with colleagues in global team and members from other technology teams to collaborate on delivering integrated solutions
- Provide technical support to operations team and clients
- relevant experience: 4+ years
- Proficient with Java/Python/Scala/Perl or other languages
- clear understanding of object-oriented fundamentals
- experience with big data technologies, like Kafka/Elasticsearch/Hbase/Spark/Hadoop and etc.
- experience developing, delivering and supporting software for Linux (or other UNIX ) operating system
- Knowledge of multi-threading and distributed computing
- familiar with software development lifecycle
- able to express ideas clearly and concisely, both in written and verbal English
- quick learner, self-motivated, maintain high standard of professional conduct and practice