See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
We are looking for someone who is able to analyzes business requests, design and implement technical solutions, work with various teams to deliver the best to clients.
- As a business analyst: understand needs from business (traders, strategists, controllers, operations), prioritize work under pressure, interact and build relationships with business users and manage their expectations
- As a developer: take ownership of the design and delivery of new features, write quality tests and documentations, help evolve the project by leveraging new technologies
- As a team member: foster an environment for bouncing ideas, work together with app support team for stability
- We support the Delta One Structured Products desk globally, primarily on OTC equity swaps business.
- We are a small team project-wise, have frequent brainstorming sessions as well as planned and ad-hoc design review sessions.
- We work in an agile way, prefer smaller rapid iterations over giant releases.
- We prefer developers whose skills span multiple technologies, and encourage our team members to completely own features front-to back. Don not expect one to be knowledgeable on all areas right away though; knowledge will grow as the developer grows
In summary, the role and the team is ideal for someone looking for a strong career development path with many opportunities to learn, grow, and develop. Qualifications:
- solid knowledge on Java (Spring/JUnit)
- good understanding on database concepts, familiar with SQL
- familiar with scripting (shell/Python/Perl)
- familiar with Linux environments
- strong problem solving and analytical skills
- good oral and written communication skills
- passionate in learning new things (new technology, new business)
- open minded to contradicting opinions or ideas
- front-end/UI development experience
- knowledge in finance industry, especially Equity business