Technology - Senior Project Manager, VP, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
ETS is responsible for delivering integrated infrastructure solutions in support of all Morgan Stanley's business lines.
The Strategic Programs and Planning team are part of ETS and responsible for the successful implementation of large scale, complex programs and projects that span across multiple technical disciplines, business functions and geographies, with the main focus being the delivery of IT infrastructure across the Asia region.
The team aims to meet business requirements through delivery of robust, creative and costs effective IT solutions and is currently seeking a senior technical Project Manager to lead programs and projects through structured project management methodology and effective communication (written and spoken) at all levels of the organization.
- Hands-on Project Management in multiple technical areas, including data and voice networking, security, distributed systems, data centers, application and other various technical disciplines
- Effective horizontal and vertical facilitation and communication with project teams, stakeholders, senior management, business clients, other parts of technology, Corporate Services, Legal, Risk and other back office departments on a both a regional and global basis
- Close working relationships with technology engineering and operations teams, business management, the project management office and other technology teams in other parts of the organization
- Strong track record of managing projects covering multiple geographies, virtual teams and matrix management
- Project and financial planning, risk, decision and scope management