Digital Solutions Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and driven individual for the role of Analytics Developer in the Digital Solutions team. This person will help to create, lead and manage the data analytics strategy for products developed by the Digital Solutions team providing development across Engineering and Technical Services. They will work with the Head of Digital Solutions in delivering new systems software and systems integration across the variety of products used in Technical Services. They will be mature individuals who are comfortable working in a development team embedded in an operations environment. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Develop data analytics and visualization solutions for Technical Services
- Propose, evaluate, and introduce new technologies
- Lead systems integration for new and existing components
- Strong communicator with experience in agile working environments
- Experienced developer who has created, lead, and developed data aggregation, normalization, and visualization solutions in an agile development environment
- Experienced data scientist that has a passion for finding patterns in data and visualize these to developers or the end user
- Experience in working with large datasets to extract business insights & build predictive analysis models.
- Strong python based programming experience.
- Experience on machine learning in distributed computation world would be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of data storage technologies such as SQL, NoSQL and BigData solutions such as Hadoop.
- Strong technologist who keeps up to date with technology
- Motivated to do hands-on development and peer reviews
- Self-starter capable of identifying opportunities and delivering solutions on their own
- Strong knowledge of one or more popular data visualization suites such as Qlik or Tableau.
- A passion for data quality
- Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong English communication skills
- Full-stack development experience
- Breadth of technical knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud as well as development tools.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .