Digital Solutions Engineer - Technology Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
• The Digital Solutions (Technology Services) team is looking for a full time content developer.
• Co-located with one of our product feature teams, you enjoy the idea of being based in TEDA China.
• Each day, you'll be helping us understand, define, design, engineer, integrate, test, deploy and improve the best parts of our home-grown digital ecosystem to delight our human or robot consumers.
• You're going to help us automate fundamental components with the broader bank, using open-source technology as a bias, and integrate them with the first -class development tool chain being delivered by your colleagues as part of the bank's transformation to a fully digital-native enterprise. Most importantly you're going to work with our technology and business clients to make sure we don't disappear into an ivory tower and deliver unusable product.
• The most important characteristic we're after is that you are passionate content developer that places extreme importance on delivering new systems software and systems integration across the variety of products used in Technical Services.
• You don't have to know everything, but you do have to have the potential to learn anything quickly - and pragmatically you should know a lot about some (not all) of the following disciplines: Discipline Examples What does this mean?
Content Management System: concepts such as content type, theme, template, container, component, widget etc.
Search: Elastic Search, Indexing, Query
Backend: Java, Rest APIs, Web Services, OSGi, Tomcat, Apache Felix
You understand the concept of content management system and able to build new page UI within content management system.
You understand how content be indexed and searched.
You are able to customize or extend content management system.
• You're the kind of person that enjoys puzzles, logic problems and gains satisfaction from solving problems, likes communicating what you've discovered to your colleagues and clients in plain English, rather than encrypted acronyms, and working with your colleagues in co-located high-performance teams.
• You'll be excited at being at the inception of a high-performance environment, and you'll enjoy being pushed technically and organizationally to do things 'the right way' as part of a world class brand.
• If you're good at being able to be effective in large enterprises, that will definitely be a strong plus, Standard Chartered is a large global financial services company, and communicating effectively across cultural and language barriers is a highly useful skill. QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
• Strong communicator with experience in agile working environments
• Experienced developer who has created, lead, and developed content publishing strategies in agile development teams
• Experienced content management systems developer that has extensive experience in pre-built CMS products or has developed homegrown solutions.
• Experienced in migrating from non-CMS based web solution to CMS based solution.
• Strong technologist who keeps up to date with technology
• Motivated to do hands-on development and peer reviews
• Self-starter capable of identifying opportunities and delivering solutions on their own
• Working knowledge of API development standards
• Working knowledge of implementing front-ends with a provided SDK
• Strong knowledge of one or more popular open source frameworks such as Drupal & WordPress.
• Strong knowledge of one or more popular enterprise frameworks such as Adobe AEM.
• Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science
• Strong English communication skills Highly Desirable:
• Full-stack development experience
• Mobile development experience
• Breadth of technical knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud as well as development tools.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .