Senior Software Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Develop interfaces and reports for a Repo trading System (RACE).
- To perform code review and mentor junior developers.
- As L2/L3 technical expert to support L1 Production support team for RACE.
- Able to understand repo trading flow, work with business configuration team to build Martini functions.
- Work with QA team to support SIT/UAT/PT test.
- Monitoring, Optimizing and Capacity Planning for RACE.
- Prepare documentation as required to follow SCB rules.
- Meet the tight project delivery timelines
- Able to solve complex requirements and issues, and work with Vendor to troubleshooting.
- Look for process improvements at all the stages of the project
- 5+ year strong C++ application software development full life cycle experience on Linux.
- Good knowledge of pattern design
- 5+ years working experience with Oracle DB.
- Middleware experience, familiar with WebSphere MQ, JMS and other interfaces.
- Solid Linux shell script coding capability to automatic BAU tasks to increase efficiency.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good English communication skills, be able to manage communication/relationship with 3rd party vendors, and upstream App owners and other stakeholders.
- Prior exposure to work on projects in the Banking & Financial Services Vertical is preferred
- Bachelor/Master degree in IT related major.
- Agile experience is added advantage
- Able to work under pressure and demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and rapid learning capability, and detail oriented
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.