Vice President - Lean
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead generation and align the Lean Digital Operational Excellence journey for the Product Operations vertical with the agreed business efficiency plans / client journeys
People and Talent
- Drive agreed Lean Digital projects in the Product Operations Vertical or as part of client journeys that the incumbent is responsible for through
- Effective stakeholders and Champions/ Sponsors engagement
- Mentoring and monitoring support for Lean Digital projects run by the BlackBelts and other LEAN trained staff in the Hubs and the countries
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports as and when applicable and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Ensure solution provided to Product Operations verticals mitigates any possible risk
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Drive project governance as per agreed framework and monitor progress vis-à-vis milestones
- Escalate issues or roadblocks to Project Sponsor for timely resolution
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business and Process Owners in the Product Operations verticals across hubs and the Group/ Countries.
- Post Graduate (Engineers and MBAs preferred)
- Should have overall 15+ years of experience in Operations in Trade, Cash, Retail, Wealth Management, Financial Markets Operations / Securities Services Operations
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belts preferred
- Knowledge of Statistical software like Minitab, JMP, Sysstat. etc
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.