FCC Korea Advisory Officer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Financial Crime Compliance Deliverables in liaison with Region Financial Crime Compliance (50%)
- Support APAC FCC N. Asia Advisory for implementing the Global and APAC FCC Program in Seoul Bank Branch in conjunction with Regional FCC teams, specifically including the following but not limited to
a. Develop, update and operate Seoul Bank Branch supplement documents to Global an APAC FCC policies and procedures with APAC Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") while ensuring that it meets CS global minimum standards and Korean laws/regulations requirements;
b. Deliver local refresher training to Seoul Bank Branch employees
c. Impact assessment on the local FCC related laws and regulations and gap analysis when local laws are revised or new laws introduced;
d. Surveillance, monitoring and testing on FCC matters in consultation with APAC FCC, including STR investigation and filing to KoFIU
e. Reporting to local and regional (FCC) senior management concerning the periodic review on operational efficiency of existing FCC system/controls, FCC Compliance Risk Assessment, results and actions taken for improvement, as well as ML/TF risks associated with new products/services or introduction of new technology and processes;
f. Advisory to Seoul Bank Branch employees from the local AML laws and regulations perspective;
g. Reviewing and reporting regular/ad-hoc regulatory reporting in relation to AML matters to the regulator
h. Facilitating coordination and information exchange with local regulators and international AML/CFT organizations.
2) FCC global or regional initiatives or projects are appropriately implemented in Seoul Bank Branch
3) Engaging in Global and APAC FCC exercise, project, etc. Arrange Independent AML Reviews and/or FCC control testing including sample testing or review of exceptions reports to ensure that the local FCC Program, controls and processes are in line with expected program standards
General Country Compliance (50%)
- Performing level 1 surveillance, monitoring and testing under the compliance program
- Assist Head of Compliance in preparing and submitting the periodic or ad-hoc regulatory reports with review by Head of Compliance
- Assist Head of Compliance in daily compliance tasks including internal reports/deliverables to regional compliance teams, outsourcing proposal review and reporting to FSS, etc.
- Assist Head of Compliance in impact assessment and taking actions on regulatory changes, supporting or delivering compliance training sessions to employees, developing, updating and maintaining the local policies and procedures
- Engagement in Compliance Management Information (MI) report production, raise potential breaches or misconduct identified during compliance observation, surveillance and monitoring to Head of Compliance
- Other ad-hoc country compliance tasks
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Highly motivated and self-starter with a positive can-do attitude
- Outstanding problem solving skills with the ability to think out of the box; Accuracy and attention to detail appreciated
- Experience of minimum 3-5 years in country compliance
- Minimum 3 year anti-money laundering/financial crime compliance work experience with solid working knowledge of Korea AML/CFT laws and regulations and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg) preferred. Additional awareness of regional rules would be useful.
- Experience in the financial industry or consulting firms and familiar with Investment products and services would be beneficial
- Proficiency in ACAMS, MS Office and analytic skill with a multi task ability will be an advantage
- Degree qualified
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.