Head of Relationship Management and Representative Director
Job Description The Role:
A dynamic and experienced individual is sought for the position of Head of Relationship Management and Representative Director for the credit ratings business of Moody's in Korea. Responsibilities cover three main areas - Relationship Management of the Korea and Mongolia customer base; strategic liaison with Moody's local affiliate companies; and general management of the Moody's Investors Service office in Seoul.
The role reports to the Head of Relationship Management for Asia and Australia-Pacific; and to the Head of Moody's Investors Service, APAC for the Representative Director component of the role.
The larger component of the role comprises leadership of the small Relationship Management team covering Korea and Mongolia. The position is responsible for design and execution of a strategic business development plan for the region, extending relationships with new and existing debt market issuers across all areas of corporate, financial institutions, infrastructure and structured finance. The role will lead an active and innovative outreach program by the relationship management team, including direct ownership of a small portfolio of key accounts. A track record in mentoring and leading teams to successful delivery of targets; a hands-on and dynamic approach to responding to business opportunities; and outstanding negotiation and communication skills are all essential.
The Representative Director component of the role is the senior representative of Moody's in Korea and complementary to the Relationship Management role. It is responsible for maintaining important market relationships, liaison with Moody's affiliates (Korea Investors Services and KIS Pricing), and management of the Seoul office. This represents about 40% of the role. The Representative Director position acts as facilitator across all business, support and control functions, and is responsible for the efficient operation of the office generally. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Represent Moody's Investor Services in the local marketplace: Serves as a point of contact for regulators, local customers, the media, market participants, as well as working closely with Compliance, Legal, and Regulatory Affairs.
- Contribute to the development and successful execution of MIS strategy in Korea.
- Act as MIS liaison with strategic partnerships and provide a communication bridge between MIS and KIS / KIS pricing. Working closely with the APAC Regional Head, the role is responsible for monitoring regulatory developments, identification of growth areas, and maintaining a sound operating environment. The role also owns and monitors the implementation of strategic goals at affiliates.
- Ensuring an appropriate supervision and control environment is maintained.
- Managing people: Plays an important role in ensuring that Moody's is viewed as an Employer of Choice both internally and externally.
Qualifications Experience and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have more than 15 years of experience in a relationship management, debt capital markets, commercial corporate strategy or strategic consulting role.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, negotiation and presentation skills, and strong project management capabilities.
- Experience managing C-suite level relationships.
- Strong understanding of the global capital markets.
- The position works in a matrix organization structure so the candidate needs to be a self-starter, able to drive projects to conclusion and work effectively with a variety of people at various levels within the company.
- Excellent Korean and English language skills.
- Higher degree qualification preferred.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.