We are currently seeking a Head of Risk Modelling and Data Sciences for Private Markets on behalf of a UAE Institutional Investor. The successful candidate will work closely with the risk management team to build and tailor risk models to the business requirements and expectations of the risk team and senior management.
- Collaborate with business, functional, and risk colleagues to further develop and strengthen the risk analytics and reporting framework.
- Build various Risk models including but not limited to VAR. Run scenario analysis and stress testing to provide a quantitative view of risk.
- Identify possible traits/trends that may materialize into risk or are emerging risks using deep learning-based models. Accordingly, knowledge of Machine Learning language is essential.
- Enhance scientific decision making at our organization through modeling and quantitative analysis.
- Analyze enterprise risk data to gain insight into risk themes, trends, and patterns.
- Review external events and emerging risks to ensure they are considered in enterprise risk analytics and reporting.
- Manage, coach, and mentor one or two members of junior/semi-junior staff.
- Qualified to post-graduate level, in Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics or Statistics (or equivalent qualification/experience). Data science/Machine Learning & AI as specialization is preferred.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of work experience in a similar role having led a small team of junior staff, with a minimum of 6 years of data science/modelling/mining experience.
- Strong technical expertise in risk modelling with an execution/delivery focus.
- Understanding of industry-wide risk modelling practices and trends.
- Ability to pull data to create machine learning models from finance, investment, and portfolio companies.
- Proven track record of building various risk models such as VAR, ICAR, Monte Carlo Simulation model, scenario analysis models, and stress testing.
- Ability to continuously improve risk reporting and build various models where required by other team members.
- Ability to interpret results in simple and laymen context.
- Highly numerate with a high level of general intelligence.
If you are passionate about risk modelling and data sciences, have experience working in SWF or buy-side investment firms with strong global exposure covering all asset classes within private markets, and possess the required knowledge, skills, and experience, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.