The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) is an Arab regional financial organization based in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in Arab Countries. AMF is seeking to recruit a “Maintenance Engineer”.
Manage the effective execution of facilities management development and implement preventive and corrective maintenance plans and work schedules ensuring that maintenance jobs are carried out timely, efficiently and in accordance with AMF’s policies and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the Maintenance annual budget in line with the overall support services department budget and assist in the management of divisional activities in compliance to the approved budget.
- Organize and supervise the activities and work of maintenance team to ensure that maintenance is carried out in an efficient manner and consistent with operating procedures.
- Recommend improvements to divisional policy and procedures and contribute to the implementation of instructions and controls.
- Develop and seek approval for the annual maintenance plans to support the achievement of AMF’s maintenance strategy.
- Develop seek approval and implement preventive maintenance checks to ensure effective administration of maintenance activities and achievement of the annual maintenance plan.
- Identify material and equipment required for all electrical, mechanical and civil maintenance activities according to preventive maintenance schedules, work requisitions or notifications in urgent and emergency.
- Supervise the planning and execution of all maintenance work, outlining work schedules, manning requirements, contractor participation, equipment requirement, recommendation of vendors while ensuring alignment to the annual maintenance plan and standards
- Diagnose faults, analyze malfunctions and breakdowns and plan work schedules accordingly while determining priorities in consultation with the Division Chief in order to ensure continuity of operations.
- Lead the design and development, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all electrical and mechanical systems and equipment including telecommunications equipment. Conduct detailed analysis of problems and ensure that system faults are correctly diagnosed and dealt with.
- Check to ensure conformity to standards and carry out the preparation of detailed check lists for maintenance cycles and the estimation of detailed man-hours and skills for such work, and actual effort spent against estimated.
- Monitor overhauling and preventive maintenance requirements and oversee the scheduling and implementation of essential maintenance in coordination with the concerned departments to cover all facilities in line with annual plans, liaise with manufacturers representatives on incidents and contractual obligations occurring with.
- Ensure that all maintenance documentation is completed correctly, including maintenance logs.
- Prepare requirements for equipment, spare parts and general materials; and initiate purchase requisitions for new materials, indicating detailed description, suppliers, and cost factors.
- Participate, as directed in the efforts to evaluate bids for the supply of equipment or spare parts, check applicability of technical content of bids to ensure these match requirements, physically inspect specimen materials and raises appropriate recommendations to the Division Chief.
- Organize and supervise the activities of the technicians to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner while training and mentoring staff ensuring effective knowledge transfer.
- Perform effective coordination and monitoring of contractor staff, endorse work carried out by contractors and thereby facilitate timely completion of tasks as per required standards.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls.
- Develop, advise, monitor, and submit reports to management on the operations and provide advice notes of agreed outcomes and actions as required.
- Initiate and implement continuous business improvement within the organization by undertaking reviews of processes and best practices to ensure service delivery
- Track, manage and develop employee performance ensuring timely completion of tasks.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Candidate should be on Arab national, age no more than 45 years.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 10 years of experience preferably covering high-rise building maintenance activities.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English languages.
- Good knowledge of engineering and maintenance related computer applications.
- High problem-solving capabilities and effictive communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- High Leadership and time management skills
- Good coordination and reporting skills
- Managerial capabilities to manage the maintenance team
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, furniture allowance, air tickets allowance, education allowance, and life and medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.