Compliance Manager EMEA
- Dubaï, EAU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Robert Half International UAE
- 15 janv. 18 2018-01-15
Responsible for compliance and company secretarial matters for the Middle East operations, including the identification of best practice internal compliance practices and controls and (in conjunction with the Head of Legal and Compliance. Diagnose and develop procedures to ensure regional compliance with all regulatory, financial and core operational system requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support implementation of strategies, systems and controls to ensure compliance of local companies within the Group.
- Administer company secretarial activities for the regional group of companies.
- Help in procuring relevant licenses in the territories the Group wishes to trade in.
- Monitor, report and advise on ongoing compliance of local business units within the Group and revising internal operating guidelines where agreed.
- Advise on all manner of regional legal documents including Agency Agreements, Terms of Trade, employment and I.T. contracts, property leases, sale and purchase agreements, deeds etc.
- General first point of contact for any regional compliance issues.
- Quality control and improvement over all the firms brochures, policy wordings and documents etc to ensure compliance.
- Develop a professional relationship with the regional regulatory bodies including the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DIFC).
- Advise on and where agreed implement checklists and documentation to successfully satisfy regulatory audits.
- Document and where agreed implement compliance requirements and establish an effective method of audit, evaluation training, and methods of identifying and rectifying areas of non-compliance.
- Help coordinate internal audits of regional group regulated entities, report outcomes and where agreed act on audit findings.
- Advise regulators of any changes to permissions, approved persons or company details and seek approval from regulators on proposed changes where required.
- Act as initial point contact for any questions or complaints from regulatory bodies
- Provide or organise training on compliance issues for senior executives and staff.
- Monitor and report on compliance of regional Group businesses with Health & Safety legislation or recognised best practice.
Anti-Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Handle operations for compliance with AML policies, procedures, systems and controls
- Act as the point of contact to receive notifications from NHIL employees and taking appropriate action
- Submit, in accordance with Federal Law No. 4 of 2002, Suspicious Activity Reports;
- Act as the point of contact within NHIL for competent U.A.E. authorities and the DFSA regarding money laundering issues;
- Respond promptly to any request for information made by competent U.A.E. authorities or the DFSA
- Receive and act upon any relevant findings, recommendations, guidance, directives, resolutions, sanctions, notices or other conclusions
- Establish and Maintaining an appropriate money laundering training programme and adequate awareness arrangements
- Establish and maintain up-to-date personal awareness of all legislative, regulatory and Company-specific rules, policies and procedures related to performance of the role.
- Ensure consistent compliance with legal, regulatory and Company standards
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- Recognized accounting or audit qualification preferred
- 5 years' experience in a compliance role within the financial services or insurance sector
- The ability to demonstrate experience in managing compliance activities in a corporate environment
- Experienced in analyzing business compliance needs, and implementing relevant control procedures
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Xapta financial software applications is required
- A focused proactive approach with regard to which relationships are invested in; builds relationships with key players for the purpose of gaining support.
- Participates in the identification of clear performance improvement goals
- Sensitive to the different perceptions and feelings of individual staff regarding challenges
- Promotes cross-group effectiveness (includes sharing information, resources etc. with other business units, and solving mutual problems collaboratively).
- Systematically scans the strategic business environment to develop strategies and processes which will minimise future problems