Responsible for middle east's corporate banking needs
This is a newly created role based in Dubai
- Accountable for coordinating funding, as well as exploring and generating short-term funding, trade lines and term loans through regional and international banks and capital markets.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with the Group’s existing panel of banks, bring in new banking relationships, and reduce the Business Groups’ overall Cost of Funds.
- Maintain and build the Group’s panel of Treasury Counterparties and increase the amount of effective and cost efficient treasury / IRS / FX to complement the group’s growing treasury / hedging needs.
- Increase profile of the Group in the Middle East banking community
- Contribute to the formulation of the Business Groups’ Funding Strategy and Planning, taking into account market conditions and the Business Groups’ funding requirements.
- Graduate from a reputable university
- Qualified banking / finance professional with at least 15 years’ related experience, of which a majority should be spent in Dubai / Middle East.
- Must have solid relationships with regional and international banks in order to generate long-term credit relationships
- Commercial mindset
- Highly familiarity with financing structures for commodity industry players
- Demonstrates first-rate knowledge of domestic and international financial markets, including Islamic financing concepts
- Experience in corporate banking, structured trade finance, fund-raising in banking and multinational corporations or conglomerates environment.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with strong initiative to follow through.
- Strong team-working with banking colleagues in the Group
- Driven and motivated individuals who are hands-on and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.