- Dubaï, EAU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Robert Half International UAE
- 22 oct. 17 2017-10-22
The Financial Controller will report to the CFO Gulf with a matrix reporting to the MEA Controller and manage the accounting functions, investment accounting and tax functions for all the Gulf entities, with a strong involvement in planning and control, and leading one of the largest teams in the organization.
The Financial Controller is charged with the overall responsibility to implement and maintain all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures over preparation and review of financial information.
The ability to manage multiple tasks and work under time pressure are also critical to this role in addition to a strong background in accounting and USGAAP/IFRS requirements.
- Implementing a financial control framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure that internal controls are in place to prevent and/or detect any irregularity in the safeguarding of Company assets, as well as proper segregation of duties and compliance with accounting and internal control policies and best practices
- Assisting in setting the investment strategy of the Company and ensure its proper implementation and accounting in co-ordination with the Gulf CFO & MEA Investment Director, including
- Funds Management
- Investment accounting
- Investment related reporting
- Investment projections
- 7 - 10 years proven experience in similar role in an MNC with multiple reporting requirements and management experience with the day-to-day financial, accounting, investment accounting operations;
- Big 4 audit/accounting experience desired;
- Expert knowledge in financial reporting frameworks like USGAAP & IFRS;
- Experience of regulatory requirements for Gulf countries;
- Experience in risk assessment and internal controls framework implementation;
- Expert knowledge of financial statement preparation, financial reporting, financial analyses,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access etc.)
- Knowledge of Oracle, PeopleSoft, HFM software experience is highly desired;
- At least 5 years of people management experience