Position: Head of Group Financial Strategy & MIS
Entity: Group Financial Strategy and Business Planning
· Assist the AGM GFSBP to create long-term financial strategies to maximize shareholder value whilst pursuing prudent policies.
· Monitor annual budgets for all divisions/departments/units of the Group in conjunction with the relevant division/department/unit heads in consultation with the AGM GFSBP.
· Provide management with regular reports on progress towards targets, flagging variations and performing initial checks on reasons for under/over achievement.
· Ensure that relevant MIS reports are prepared and presented to the management/the Board on time to enable them to monitor business performance closely and taking timely corrective actions.
· Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group’s goals/ objectives.
· Liaise with the Group’s IT Department to ensure reporting needs of the Group’s business lines are timely resolved/attended to, to the extent these are dependent on required system enhancements.
· Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
· Oversee analysis and deployment of the latest reporting tools.
· Develop/enhance reporting techniques and maintain reporting standards for the domestic and international businesses.
· Liaise with IT Department to develop/ design MIS reporting pack for reporting purposes and submit the same to the Group’s executive management on timely basis.
· Enhance the quality and consistency of the MIS produced for funds transfer pricing reporting related issue.
· Identify requirements for updating the MIS system and lead on the implementation.
· Possess a superior knowledge of business support services and maintain an understanding of all pertinent regulations as well as best practices pertaining to business support services.
· Responsible for developing and training the team in the appropriate skills to ensure an effective and informative MIS.
· Hold meetings with direct reports and assess their performance. Also take decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved grievances or conflicts amongst personnel.
· Ensure high standards of confidentiality and ethics to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
· Bachelor/ Master’s degree preferably in finance, accountancy or related subjects.
· Professional certification such as CPA, CA, CMA, CFA etc. is a plus .
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a major bank of which at least 6 years in a senior managerial capacity in the MIS & financial strategy function.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
· Knowledge of financial reporting processes and related pronouncements, including but not limited to IFRS, IAS etc.
· Proficiency in MIS tools/techniques including budgetary and transfer pricing mechanism.
· Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to deliver under pressure.
· Ability to build relationships across the organization to deliver results.