My client is one of the largest Chemicals Distributor in the world and they are growing very steadily over the past 20+ years. They are currently looking to expand their footprint in Middle East and Africa and need a senior candidate who is experienced with other product lines such as Lubricants, aromatics, methanol, glycols, oilfield chemicals, personal care, agrochemicals etc. to complement their existing business.
To build a specialized trading desk within the existing business. The role is aimed at self-driven individuals who already have P&L responsibility for their own desk in their organizations. Middle East and Africa offers an opportunity for the right profile to pick a market and products relevant to the market and grow.
- Physical trading (aromatics, methanol, healthcare chemicals, gen trading chemicals, glycols, lubricants, oilfield chemicals and personal care)
- Developing and building new businesses across all territories
- Maintain a good P&L track record
- Prepare own analysis and charts and perform own market call to generate cash
- Must know how to hedge and use derivatives
- Daily monitoring of open trading positions to ensure risk management and credit limit exposures are in line with company's risk policies and procedures
- Add success and profitability
- At least 10 years of industry experience in trading of above materials
- Good network in the chemical segment and chemical customer portfolio
- Possess own materials book and ready to generate profits
- Positive working attitude with initiative to identify potential opportunities and develop new business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong network with producers, suppliers and buyers
- Strong understanding of the global chemical and specialty materials space
- Extensive knowledge in logistics, distribution, handling and storage involved in trading
- Strong Numerical & Analytical Skills
- Willing to be based in Dubai