• Supporting the Quant team with data-related requirements, mainly building data scrapers and ETL pipelines
• Deploying and maintaining solutions in the cloud environment with automated quality checks
• Interacting and contributing to the building of a novel data infrastructure with a timeseries database and large-scale machine learning framework with MLOps best practices
• Focusing on one or more of our two key pillars: quantitative analysis/development or data science
• Contributing to fundamental modelling (auction optimization, fair value models) for the power/gas market
• Building machine learning forecasting models for market fundamentals (renewable production, demand etc.) and contributing to the machine learning framework and MLOps infrastructure.
Skills & Qualifications
• Degree in computer science, physics, maths or related fields
• Experience within the power/gas trading sector
• Fluency in Python (at least 2-3 years in professional setting) with the ability to write
clean, modular, well-documented code in a collaborative development setting
• Practical experience in data-engineering workflows like data-scraping, ETL pipelines, job scheduling
• Ability to build, deploy, and maintain a production script in a cloud environment (Azure experience is a plus)
• Familiarity with deployment tools like Docker is a plus
• Familiarity with the data science ecosystem in Python (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib)
This role requires relocation to Dubai.