Regional Financial Controller
- Dubaï, EAU Dubaï Dubaï AE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Robert Half International UAE
- 16 juin 18 2018-06-16
My client a global multinational business is looking to recruit a Regional Financial Controller for their Dubai operation.
The position reports to the global Chief Financial Officer of the Group based in the UK and indirectly to the Managing Director of the Middle East office based in Dubai.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility of accurate monthly reporting, forecasting and commentary in line with group deadlines and local GAAP
- Responsible for an accurate and realistic analysis - monthly reporting under IFRS- explaining and optimizing the figures.
- Work with case managers and monitor financials of all clients' projects to guarantee profitability in line with the original set budget.
- Manage the relations with consultants, building trust and being strict when necessary.
- Act as member of the office Management Team. Supervise invoicing process to invoice in line with deliverables to guarantee prompt payment Follow up and escalation of all outstanding debt
- Provide up to date cash flow forecasts for ME region
- Escalation of any potential risk factors in the business
- Handle external relationships with local banks, auditors, tax and legal advisors
- Oversee all tax and regulatory compliance issues
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Ensure that accounting policies comply with accounting standard and group policies are followed
- Recommend changes that will improve the companies' financial performance and financial controls
- Continual review of process to find efficiency gains and quality improvements
- Work with Sage to provide improved reporting
- Participate in Global Finance initiatives implementation
- Management of a team of 4 accounting professionals and 6 administrative resources
- Closely support the MD across all aspects of the local operation management.
- Monitor financials of client projects: profitability, timely invoicing and prompt payment.
- Oversee accounting system (Sage) processing function and related activities. Currently being supported by 4 full time accounts staff across payroll, general accounting, case administration and local compliance reporting.
- Undertake the month end closing and upload the data to the consolidated reporting system
- Report the monthly results and analysis to the local management and corporate team.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly cash forecast.
- Facilitate preparation of the annual budget and related information as required.
- Handle regular and ad hoc information requests and reporting both locally and with the corporate team, as required.
- Tax: Manage on time submission of all tax obligations (VAT, Saudi Corporate income tax)
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and rolling forecasts in order to adequately monitor ongoing performance against budget.
- Monthly balance sheet review and sign offs to ensure correct accounting processing in line with IFRS and corporate policies.
- Review of all intercompany agreements, invoicing and payments.
- Monitor cash position to maximise cash flow for the benefit of the group as a whole.
- Manage local relationships with auditors, tax, banking and legal advisors.
- Oversee the annual audits and tax returns.
- Maintenance of an adequate system for internal procedure and controls.
- Degree (Finance or accounting) and professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting rules, tax, audit, treasury, accounting procedures and standards including solid internal controls
- Strong knowledge in IFRS with an emphasis on revenue recognition rules
- Knowledge of the region (business culture, legal and tax environment)
- Experience in Services (ideally consulting) industry preferred
- Fluency in English is a must, Arabic an advantage
- Experience of a multinational company
- Strong Excel skills
30,000 - 35,000aed per month DOE