Risk & Quant Analyst required to join the Investment Team of a private investment company managing a global multi-asset class portfolio.
Key responsibilities are:
- Assist in the building of risk management techniques and tools at the overall and sub-portfolio level and where relevant/useful at a strategy/investment level that allows for timely actionable decision making.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the portfolio’s investments and their risk exposures e.g. price risk, currency risk, valuation issues, liquidity risk, credit risk etc. and ensure these risks are being effectively captured, analysed and reported;
- Show initiative and drive by constantly looking at ways to improve processes/models/analysis to further the efficient and professional management of the portfolio and keep abreast of industry best practices.
- Provide regular, useful market analysis and information relevant for the construction of a global multi-asset class portfolio;
- Maintain monitoring database and prepare regular/ad-hoc monitoring and reporting sheets and documentation;
The company is based in Dubai.
- 1-3 years of investment, finance, risk management or other relevant experience. Candidates with relevant internship/s in blue chip organizations will be considered as well.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting/ finance/ economics/ statistics required;
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel formulas and functions, Word and PowerPoint. Use of VBA, R, Matlab, etc.;
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and Fund analysis software e.g. Morningstar, Preqin;
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills; and
- Intellectual curiosity, passion to learn and grow, and good business acumen required.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.