Senior Database Administrator DBA MySQL NDB Cluster
- Dubaï, EAU Dubaï Dubaï AE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Aston Carter
- 22 mai 18 2018-05-22
We have a great opportunity to join an ambitious Fintech Startup here in Dubai. The team are looking for a Senior Database Administrator DBA to join a multicultural team committed to changing the way the world uses mobile payments. The role will involve installing, fine-tuning and optimizing the performance of the data platform designed to support massive scale structured and unstructured real-time data.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities:
• Manage huge datasets with focus on MySQL NDB cluster and optimization of structure, requests, indices, storage.
• Support benchmarking systems, perform analysis & investigate bottlenecks, proposing solutions to eliminate them where possible
• Manage and resolve complex scalability challenges
• Help keep the platform operational through troubleshooting of data systems and applications
• Set up maintain replication, backups and assist the team to meet availability, scalability and resilience requirements.
Candidates will need:
• Extensive commercial experience in building and managing distributed data infrastructure using open source software
• Relevant technical agree
• Demonstrable professional experience managing data distributed systems infrastructure using open source software in a large-scale environment.
• Technical expertise in installing, fine-tuning and performance optimization of data distributed systems.
• Strong skills with MySQL NDB Cluster
• Strong commercial experience working with Linux/Unix systems within an agile environment
• Hands on experience with as many of the following skills as possible: Storm, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Kafka, HBase, ElasticSearch.
Startup experience is preferred, as is knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
This is a great opportunity to take on a challenging role within a small but dynamic company with a bright outlook!
For more information please apply!