Data Warehouse Developer (MSBI)
Cognizant Spain is looking for an enthusiastic BI / Data Warehouse Developer who will be part of Cognizant AI&A team based out of Madrid.
The Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for the successful delivery of business intelligence information to the entire organization and is experienced in BI development and implementations, data architecture, data warehousing and data modelling.
Responsibilities: planning, connecting, designing, scheduling, and deploying data warehouse systems. Develops, monitors, and maintains ETL processes, reporting applications, and data warehouse design.
For this specific role, the job requires to work within the Microsoft BI environment. Technical Tool Skills
- Microsoft SQL 2016
- SQL Server Integration (SSIS) advanced level
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) advanced level
- TimeExtender, Nice to have (Microsoft partner tool)
- Master Data Services, Nice to have (Master Data Management tool Microsoft)
- Data modelling (conceptual, physical and logical) based on Kimball methodology advanced level.
- Dimension Modelling: the concept of star schema, fact table and multiple dimensions. Ability to understand and form best practices around relationships (for example: resolving a many to many relationship).
- Help the Business Intelligence team to create the necessary data foundation for their reports. Be their guidance how to get the best and necessary data available on the right time.
- Translate business requirements into IT requirements from an overall Enterprise Data Warehouse view.
- Have clear view on: estimation, design, coding, efficient ETL, best practices, test cases and data analysis
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies. Be proactive and understand the agile mind-set