IT Support Engineer
Due to the growth in Spain region, Cognizant is expanding its IT support team in Spain and hiring 2 IT Support Engineers in Madrid and Valladolid.
In this role you are expected to perform IT resource management related tasks such as asset tracking, installation and provisioning of IT assets to end users. This role also includes maintaining asset inventory and troubleshooting Desktops/laptops/printers/Video Conference /Smart and Cisco IP phone issues, and providing remote support to users if necessary.
You will work close with the existing Spain IT member to provide a stable IT environment across EU. What will be your main responsibilities?
- Serve as break/fix technician for a wide variety of user technologies in the related practices of MAC and Windows Desktop support
- Act as Site POC for Client and Cognizant to deal with all Deskside and Hands & Feet support request at the deployed Location
- Provide physical hands and feet support towards end user desk moves, printer physical moves
- Act as Technical SME to test new End user devices towards a new build/image/application testing
- Act as POC for all 3rd party vendors towards End user devices (Laptops/desktops/printers/mobile phones etc.)
- Written and Oral proficiency in English,
- Verbal communications. Ability to effectively interact with peers and managers.
Will be highly valued if you have experience in the following points.
- Minimum 3+ years of IT support experience,
- Experience in Apple MAC OS Troubleshooting
- Fluent in English is mandatory.
What do we offer?
- Driving & Monitoring Queue for ticket closure. Incident Management and Request fulfilment through Onboarding MMO/MMI Portal.
- Technical support in Application software for Desktops/Laptops on both Windows and MAC OS.
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and TCP/IP ports HTTP, HTTPS and file sharing.
- Able to troubleshoot outlook 2016 related issues and have some knowledge on Exchange environment on Office 365 for both Windows and MAC Assets.
- Able to work on Windows Encryption (bit locker) or other 3rd party tool, specially providing the bit locker codes to user and troubleshooting such issues.
- Client interfacing and Vendor management skill along with experience of handling VIP support.
- OS Build/Imaging (related to End user devices)
- Patch management (Client environment -SCCM); Work on End point compliance (Control parameters -Desktop Patch management/AD /Anti-Virus -Cisco AMP / MBAM - Bitlocker / SCCM and ET)
- Physical cables patching knowledge - Phone Voice and LAN Data.
- Datacentres environment knowledge/skills.
- Indefinite contract
- Long-term position in an international company that is heavily expanding in South Europe region.
- Interesting diverse working environment with employees from different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Social benefits like meal voucher and health insurance