Head of the Regulatory Reporting Software Engineering
Job Description As Head of the Regulatory Reporting Software Engineering, you will be accountable for the design, development, test and delivery of our Regulatory Reporting software solutions: the on-premise legacy solution and the next generation of SaaS solution.
The software solutions lay on the following technical stack:
- Oracle 19, PL/SQL
- C++, java, .Net, Python, Scala
- Angular 2, Typescript, json
- Jenkins, Docker, RobotFramework
- AWS, Lambda, S3, SQS, …
To fulfil this mission, you will be based in Montbonnot-Saint-Martin (France) and you will manage a global team of engineers based in 3 different regions:
- Montbonnot-Saint Martin (France)
- San Francisco (USA)
- Gurgaon (India)
and spanning over 3 roles:
- Software developers - responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the software solutions
- Quality Analysts - responsible for designing and executing the quality strategy
- Devops - responsible for improving the global team's efficiency in automating environments and technical processes such as continuous integration, regression testing and deployment.
You will be a key partner with:
Competencies & Behaviours
- The regulatory reporting product management team, who decides priorities and specifies features.
- The report production team, who configures the reports on top of the software.
- The platform engineering team who defines and designs cross-solutions interoperability.
- The implementation services team, who implements the reports in the client's environment.
The following are the key leadership behaviours required for the role:
Has technical skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical skills that are critical for performing this job.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry for this position.
- Is comfortable with QA practices and advocates them in the software development lifecycle
Is Customer focused
- Uncovers and meets the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Acts with urgency and works toward addressing customer demands.
- Effectively manages customer expectations and delivers value-added service.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance or improve products or services.
- Generates a flow of ideas and methods for business improvement.
- Considers innovative solutions that add value to internal and external customers
Leads, drives Result & Alignment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Inspires, influences and leads others in pursuit of the business objectives and strategic priorities in a consistent manner.
- Formulates strategies that are achievable and is accountable for accomplishing results
- Translates strategy into actionable goals; focuses team on critical priorities to achieve success; Is accountable.
- Applies experience and knowledge about different functions to solve business issues.
- Is self-aware; listens; understands impact on others.
- Displays humility and a winning spirit; never gives up.
- Attracts, develops and shares high caliber talent.
- Creates an inclusive culture by building trust, transparency and belonging.
- Delegates effectively and empowers the team.
- 15+ years of experience with software engineering or consulting within the software financial services industry.
- Proven success in completing projects from inception to launch.
- Proven experience in programming using functional programming languages
- Proven experience in programming using SQL and PL/SQL
- Proven experience in programming with AWS development technical stack
- Proven experience in working with QA automation
- Proven experience in working with Agile practices such as scrum, Kanban, XP, continuous integration, continuous deployment.
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Regulatory Reporting landscape.
Understanding of customer needs in term of regulatory reporting across different regions and segments.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.